Pittsburgh Penguins!

Discussion in 'NHL Talk' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Pens had a awesome start to the season last night with a 4-0 victory against our cross-state rivalry the Philly Flyers! Man was it nice to see this type of play from our young Penguin team. The team played a real fiesty style hockey outhitting the Flyers 27-10. Fleury was outstanding in the net, thats what we need from a guy drafted to be the franchise goalie! Sidney Crosby:big_smile: had a goal and assist to jumpstart the points scoring title chase. The new guys were impressive, Ruutu will be a fan favorite with his style of play. No.1 draft pick Jordan Stahl had a good game. The only bad thing was we took 10 penaltys which were all killed but that can't happen every game. So a happy start to the new season! Let's Go Pens!

2. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Its good to see them off on a good note after a few bad seasons. I just hope they stay in Pittsburgh under the new ownership.

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I agree Wolfman! The whole thing comes down to getting a new arena. No arena = good-bye team!:angry:

The Pens dropped a close one to the Redwings 2-0 Sat. night. Detroit's defense just smothered the Pens offense.:sad2:

4. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Interesting what perspective can do-

I was so angry about how poorly the red wings played, that I was yelling at my television.

Oh well... we will take the win anyhow.

Good game.... good game.

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Pens are at Madison Square Garden tonight to face off against the old rival New York Rangers. Jagr and company are off to a good start, should be a great game. Lets Go Pens!!!:cool2:

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Should be a good game tonight, the pens have a tough team, a lot of talent, they will be fun to watch this season.

Hey Sal, your wings really pounded the Coyotes last night, Schneider with the hat trick. How come the wings fans could only muster up 1 hat to throw on the ice? I was kinda dissapointed that the ice was not covered in hats.

7. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    well darn, was hoping to catch the game on tv but have to work ...GO PENS!

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yeehaw!!! Sidney Crosby scores the winning goal with 3 seconds left to beat the Rangers 6-5! Jordan Staal and Kris Letang got their 1st NHL goals! Ryan Whitney had a pair of goals. I am pumped about this team! I'm not screaming Stanley Cup Champion or anything but this is a real good group of young talent that may be knocking on Lord Stanleys door in the upcoming seasons!:cool2: Evgeni Malkin practiced with the team yesterday without the red shirt which means he could be back soon!:big_smile:

9. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I was reading today that they annonced he is recovering nicely and is expected back in the line-up shortly. I'm really looking forward to seeing that kid play.

10. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Pens play the Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes at home tonight (10-14-06). Should be a interesting matchup. The Pens have the chance to establish themselves as a team to reckon with if they can beat the Cup Champs and improve to 3-1 on the season!:smile2:

11. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Yes, we are very excited waiting to watch Malkin join the line up and see what this young man can do! I can't help but feel the Pens power play is gonna be awesome!:big_smile:

12. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    I can't wait to see what this kid can do!

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Pens played a poor game Sat. night!:angry: Took way to many penalties, got behind early and Carolina never let up. A couple scary moments in the game. Carolin'a Trevor Letowski took a hard hit from Colby Armstrong and lied on the ice with a puddle of blood under his face. He went off on a stretcher, I hope he is okay! Then in the 2nd period Pens goalie Marc Andre Fleury got run over and had his helmet knocked off and took a knee to the head and got cut up and had to be replaced in net. Final score 5-1 in favor of the Hurricanes.:angry:

14. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    It was announced yesterday that Evgeni Malkin will play Weds. night against New Jersey!:big_smile: Good news for us Penguin fans!

15. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    That's great news, I can't wait to see it

16. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Can you believe it? Malkin's first NHL game and he scores a goal. He almost had 2 when he deflected a shot that rang off the post. This kid has a hard shot too, he one timed a slap shot that missed the net and broke the glass behind the net. One thing is for sure this kid is going to be fun to watch.

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Pens had a nice 4-3 overtime victory tonight over the N.Y. Islanders:smile2: . Malkin had his second goal in as many games plus an assist. Crosby played like a man possessed and ended up with 3 assists. Gonchar had the game wnner in O.T. on a one timer slapshot that snuck inside the right post! Pens improve to 3-3 on the young season. Columbus up next on Saturday.

18. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Malkin is a stud, his first 2 NHL games and he has 2 goals and an assist. This kid has a bright future. Big win for the pens.

19. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Pens pulled out a nice 5-3 home victory against the Columbus Bluejackets Saturday evening! Evgeni Malkin gets his 3rd goal in 3 games. Jordan Staal had a pair of short handed goals including one on a penalty shot. Crosby was limited to 1 assist but played his usual great game. Marc-Andre Fleury has started all 7 of the games for the Pens so far and has looked sharp. Go Pens!:smile2:

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Pens move into 1st place! The Pens had a 4-2 home victory over the New Jersey Devils Tuesday evening, which moved them to the top of the division!:smile2: Evgeni Malkin had a highlight reel type goal. This kid is the real deal, 4 goals in 4 games. Crosby, Staal and Ekman had the other Pittsburgh goals. Fleury picked up another win in the nets.