Pit Bull Pics and Thread

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverKing, Aug 10, 2008.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Here is a picture of my pitbulls. A few months back I posted something about wanting a puppy. Well I got him. When I got him he was 6 weeks old, now he will be 5 months on 08/13/08. He is 50 pounds allready, which is surprising to me, cause my other pit is 8 yrs old, and only weighs 52 pounds. I was worried that my older male wouldnt take to kindly to the pup, but surprisingly he did, and they are pretty good buddies. They have their momments but they have never gotten into a fight or hurt each other. The pups name is Duke, he is the black dog, the brindle and white dogs name is Prince he is 8 yrs old. If you have a pit, post a pic on this thread. This will be the pit bull thread.

Attached Files:

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Good lookin' dogs! Glad they are getting along so far. Is the black one the pup?

Attached Files:

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Your the first person I thought of when I made this thread..LOL....Yes the black dog is the 5 month old pup.

4. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Look! They could all be twins lmao! :smile2:

Attached Files:

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LOL...Your right..Thats weird that your 2 dogs look alot like my 2 dogs..Pretty cool....I love the brindle and white pitbulls.

6. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Heywood, our "room mate's" dog, is a good ol' boy. He's either 12 or 13 years old. Has arthritis pretty bad. Gonna be sad when he goes, and that won't be long. I always liked his mask. Looks like the Phantom of the Opera lol. Yeah, I thought the similarity was kinda uncanny, so I had to post it. :smile2:

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I have photos of three of my dogs in my profile album for all to see.

8. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I nned to get my dogs on here.

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My two are posted in humans best friend thread-I just put Scrappy - Doo on there today-my chewing machine(LOL)

10. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Ive never owned one myself but never met one I didnt like. There great dogs.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Pits are really good dogs who get a bad reputation they dont deserve. I myself have a rottie (trying to convince the wife to let me get second one). I really like the brindle coats though!

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hello Matt :roll_eyes:

13. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Hey Pat, hows it going buddy

14. SWAMPRAT

SWAMPRAT New Member

State:
    south carolina
    the daytime pic is a big male dog that my buddy found under his house. he had been hit by a car so he called me and asked if i wanted him so i picked him up and kinda nursed him back to health and the other pic is my little female

Attached Files:

15. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    man that boy looks alot like my scrappy-doo

16. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I love dogs but if I found one under my house (especially an injured one) I would be pretty scared to try to handle it. You guys have some cajones!:smile2: Was he agressive at all?!

17. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Since a pit will destroy almost any toy what do you give them to chew ???

A kong toy is very durable but a pit left to chew it will wear his teeth down to the roots in a short time.

18. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I always gave my dogs bones. Not just any bones though. They gotta be thick, heavy cow femurs. Even then, I gotta dig through the box at the pet store, and find the heaviest ones. They are usually about $6 (man, what a racket.) I did have one dog that could crush any bone I gave him though. A friend of mine swore by those Nylabones. They claimed to be indestructible. I gave one to my dog, and he chomped it in half. My friend didn't believe me, so I took my dog to his house, gave him his dog's bone, that his dog had been chewing on for a couple of years, and he bit it in half in one bite. :smile2: I also gave him a fresh, frozen cow knee joint once, and he ate it in about 5 minutes. :eek:oooh: That dog had some jaws lol. Kasha has a little mouth, so she can't crush bones, which is good, those things get expensive. I don't give them rawhide, because they can chew off chunks of it, and swallow it, and then puke it up, or choke on it, or get an obstructed bowel. I don't think it's healthy for dogs that can actually eat it.

19. mandingo

mandingo Member

State:
    kansas
    here is my dog,he is a cane corso 4 yrs old,after owning one of these,ill never own another breed of dog.
    127.jpg

123.jpg

121.jpg

20. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

DANG Caleb! What does Cane Corso weigh? Looks like a BIG pit to me. (He's also very good looking :big_smile:.)

It may take a bit of convincing on my part concerning dog breeds. I'll always have dogs, but moving from golden retrivers to pit bulls....well.....we'll see. Golden retrievers are SO much more attractive imo :wink:.

I did love my good friend's pit though, he was a baby doll. She wanted me to take him at one point, but I couldn't do it because of the stigma. I live in the city limits, and I like to let my canines run on occasion.