Pistol Pete Nails Sturgeon This Weekend!!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by full moon, Apr 12, 2009.

1. full moon

full moon Guest

I haven't gotten all the details yet....I do have one important stat to share....Grasshopper was cleaning a sturgeon in the kitchen yesterday afternoon! I have some fresh sturgeon steak in my fridge to illustrate this fact! Pistol Pete caught it, from what I understand. It was caught in one of the two public beach areas 5-7 miles from Knights Landing.

More numbers to follow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony

2. wishrman

wishrman New Member

State:
    california
    And I bet your going to show up at the gathering to share that bounty,right?WRONG!!!!!! CONGRATS

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Pistol Pete!!!! Let us know the details when you get em Anthony:wink:

4. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Way To Go"!
    :wink:

5. full moon

full moon Guest

It was 63" and caught on a pile worm. Peter is here with me now. Pete says it was a savage take down. He nearly lost his pole!! The fish was hooked about 1:10 a.m. yesterday morning. The fish weighed 74 pounds!!!!!
    Peter is also reporting that four stripers were caught. Two were undersized. However, the two keepers went 24 and 20 inches. One small eight inch cat was caught. Eight ounce weights were sticking to bottom just fine. The Saechao's are planning at least one more trip this season!!!!! The beach is a great place to sturgeon fish and it's 12 miles closer than the private property.
    They fished the first beach. Fish sniffer reports recent catches at second beach as well for sturgeon.

Tight linz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anthony

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali

Tell Pete congratulations on the awesome dino. Looks like he is warming up for the gathering:wink:

7. full moon

full moon Guest

Watch those Saechao's run off with heavy stringer and big fish this coming weekend! LOL!!! Never bet against them!!!!

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The Saechao's are good but a lot of bait being thrown. With $5.00 a person, could be a $100 pot:eek:oooh: The mini Tourament is Seans baby. May the luckiest person win:smile2:

9. full moon

full moon Guest

MEOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Do I have a story to tell you......Here kitty kitty!!!!!:smile2:

11. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I'll feel better if Rudy comes out. You do have a point though. They will have a lot of poles to contend with out there. Anything can happen. Remember fish have to be at least 12in to count.

12. full moon

full moon Guest

Good to hear from you, King! See ya out there later in week. Who is taking $5 fee for tournament? Who has the official scale? LOL!!!!

Pistol went out there Sunday from 2 to 9 p.m. at the pipe. One small 14 inch was all that was caught. One huge take down on livers.

Anthony

13. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    I will consolidate the funds so give me the $5 bucks when you get there. Robb has the scale and the tape measure.

14. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    What bait were they useing?

15. psaechao

psaechao New Member

State:
    california
    we were using minnow and live...no crawdads yet....couldnt catch any yet...it needs to warm up...

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on Pete! See you out at the slough Thursday:wink:

17. CatMan(Cali)

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Are you talking about the slough? Congrats on the sturgeon. Hopefully with all of us fishing there will be a couple nice fish caught. See ya at the slough young Psaechao.:wink:

18. psaechao

psaechao New Member

State:
    california
    yep...only caught one 14in channel cat....on live minnow...
    crawdads arent out yet...tried two different place for it at the slough and there was none...i might come on friday...going out sturgeon fishing....

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "I got the official scale for us to use for the pool Buddy" - So I'll see you guys out there. :0a23:
    :wink:

20. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    OH - I didn't see this post before I made mine. (Sorry) lol
    :embarassed: