Pistol Crossbow

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by flannelman, Sep 13, 2006.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

has anyone ever used or heard anything about pistol crossbows? i just ordered one from ebay. it has a 50lb pull which shouldnt be too bad for small game and such. whats everyone think

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Here in NC they are illegal to hunt with unless your handicap.

3. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    There are several models of crossbow pistols that I have seen.

I have shot a couple. They are definitely short range. Yes they will fling an arrow 50 yards but man what an arc!

You could rig an arrow with a broadhead if you wanted to but it probably wouldn't be legal to hunt with. The minimum draw weight for hunting here in Arkansas is 125#.

However, they are fun in the back yard. I always wanted to rig one up for shooting bullfrogs but never did.

Robert

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    I have one of those I used to shoot rats with in the feed bins, but they arent that dang accurate, and you can not attach a broad head to it at all. (plastic arrows fixed metal tip.) Not legal to hunt with either. More for target shooting, and ya better have a large target.LOL. They are fun, but basically useless. Just my opinion. Mac

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    These guys are right. They are fun to shoot but have an arc like a basketball. I had one just because it was given to me but it is illegal to hunt with. I used to hang milk jugs from the cloths line and, every once in a while, I could actually hit one at 20 yards.

6. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I've had two, they both broke on me :confused2:

hope you have better luck than I did

7. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Better check your states hunting regs. They aren't legal to hunt with here either.