PIRANHAS IN NEBRASKA?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by catman-j, Aug 21, 2009.

1. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    yea someone getting tired of them in their fish tank... just like when we had alligators in Holmes lake.. this is Nebraska the winter will kill all things that shouldnt be here.

2. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I shouldn't be either, I almost died last winter.

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I don't think the winter will kill these off tho. They can stay down far enough to stay alive.

4. pabloracer4748

pabloracer4748 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Its a Black Pacu and a red belly pacu. a lot of people have them outgrow their tanks.I used to have one. had to get rid of him though. They look real similar to piranha exept they eat nuts and berries, not fingers and toes.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  5. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Leave it to the G & P, to screw up the fish identification on these fish!!:smile2: LMAO!! They are PACU's. You can tell this by looking at the teeth. Check out the bottom row of teeth. They look like human teeth!! This is a characteristic of the Pacu. Piranhas have sharp teeth throughout their mouth. I have to laugh at this, because the G & P are a bunch of A$$ Clowns!! Better stick to identifying fish that are native to our waters and leave the tropical fish to be indentified by people with more experience, like a kid that raises them!!:smile2: Thanks for bringing this to my attention, because I'm still laughing over this!!

Well at least they got it right after a fisheries biologist figured it out!!:tounge_out:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2009
  6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    That just another time someone did,nt want something any longer or it got to big for there tank an instead of getting rid of it the rite way ,just go throw it in the water ,the same as a lot of people an companies do with their waste:angry:

7. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    :smile2::smile2:...My fishing buddies mom knew some people that 2 in there fish tank then they just dumped them in the lake and then my other friends uncle caught one of then after the ice out so they lived throuch the whole icce season and no one know if any one has got the other one or if it died or if a big kitty got it!!