Piranha Props

Discussion in 'Boating' started by bluecat69, Jul 8, 2007.

1. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    I have been looking at getting a Piranha prop for my 90 hp Johnson motor.
    I have read about them on their website but would like some input. Does anyone have any input on these props?
    Mike

2. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    I put a three blade Piranha and a Rock Hopper motor guard on my 25 HP Honda after a rock on the Haw River took out my aluminum prop. I have been running it since then and I think it is a good prop. The mesh bag in my forward locker has one of their prop wrenches and three new blades in case the incident is repeated. Three blades only cost $60.00 so it makes mistakes a little cheaper.
    As far as performance I have not noticed any difference over the factory prop. Since the prop is lighter there is less knock when shifting into gear or into reverse. If anything it performs better. I added the Rock Hopper guard at the same time and I expected it to slow me down some. According to my GPS I am still making the same speed with the Rock Hopper as I was before I put it on so with the Piranha prop and no rock guard the boat would probably be faster.
    I like the system but I have only been using it for part of one season and I have not hit anything with it yet so I do not have much information on that aspect. Of course with the Rock Hopper in place I may not ever know.

I hope!

:wink:

3. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Thanks for the info. I think I will give it a shot.
    Mike