Pinnacle PW600C

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Gator, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Any body know anything about these reels?

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Thanks for the info Tim

3. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I haven't seen that one, but i have the pinnacle alyssa 35r, and it is one of the smoothest reels, I've ever used. It also has the anti-line twist on the bail. The pinnacles are pretty sharp lookin too.

4. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Self this one is a bait caster as I can not cast a spinning reel 5 feet..... LOL

5. Abu

Abu New Member

State:
    Hemlock,Ohio
    C'Mon Gator. You may not use or even like spinning reels much but you have to give yourself credit for more than a 5 foot cast. :D Abu

6. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I'm with you gator, I have never been able to use spin casters either. I grew up using baitcasters and you have to throw them out. Spinners, you just toss them, throwing a spinner makes for really short casts and I could never learn to just toss it. So long live BAITCASTERS.

7. nhra22

nhra22 New Member

I have a Pinnacle I got from Academy for $70... a Pro-X metal I think it is.. 10 bearings, all aluminum frame,etc. Great reel. I have a Lucille also.. I got it for it's looks but it's solid performer also.. much nicer than Curados and cheaper.. $65.. I also used to have one that I know Academy sells for $44.95.. I think it was PLS600.. maybe PCS600.. but something along those lines.. with the exception of the graphite frame, it was a great reel.. 10 bearings,6:3:1 ratio.. if you ignored the fact that it was less than $50, it performed every bit as well as $100+ baitcasters.. maybe the bearings are a cheaper grade, but having 10 still made a difference and I know they were a lot nicer than Curados,Citicas.. on a bad note, this reel is light gold and has a bit of real shiny gold above the spool for flash.. this shiny gold flaked off after a month...