Pinnacle Power Tip Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by H2O Mellon, Jun 16, 2006.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Has anyone bought any of these? I picked one up today as sort of a Fathers Day gift. This rod was only $20 & I think it will be a great channel rod. It's only rated for up to 2 oz, but for those clam times on the river or on a lake it should be a dandy rod.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I've got a spinning one, they are pretty good rods in my opinion, caught some nice fish on mine.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    they seem to be a very nice rod, my freind (nightprowler) bought 2 last year. he had the plastic on a guide to pop out but he doesnt know if it was due to abuse or it being cheap guides. other than that they seem to be just as good, or better than an ugly-stik.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I bought on for surf fishing 12 foot and had the same problem as dinks buddy the tip lost the plastic and I had to replace it. but I have handled some pretty big fish with it from 6 oz spot all the up to a 70 lb cobia.

5. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    Like dink said I've got two of them and have had no trouble with them except for the guide that pop out eye.I use them for flatties when fishing from a boat or in close quarters on the bank.They have performed really good,Ive caught some really nice fish on them.I believe you will really like them.