pinnacle finesse

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by J. Percy Priest, Nov 24, 2008.

1. J. Percy Priest

J. Percy Priest New Member

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    We bought this reel for about 50 dollars. it came with no instructions. To put the line in i took the end of the line and put it through the top loops of the pole and down to the reel, then the reel had some holes in it and i looped it through the hole and tied it off. cut the extra line that hung off as best as i could. Then held it steady and tight with my left fingers and reeled it in from the spool. it went on smooth enough with no tangles. But every time we go to throw it out it sails far but right when it lands the line in thew reell gets all loose and looped up with extra fishing line... i am not sure what im suppose to do with it. When it was sailing in the air and about to land i pressed onto it with my thumb to stop it and it still got a few tangles... to untangle it i am pulling it out slowly until there is no more loops left ( if i pull fast it makes more loops ) then steady it with my left hand and re-reel it in. It works but that just takes way to much time. Does any one know how to use these? we using them for bass/bluegill/crappie not for catfishing. Here is 2 pictures of it upload

EDIT: we had 20 pound line on it at first and filled it up until it reached the very edge where the line can fit. Thought the line might be to thick or too much so i re-did it with 10 pound line and left 1/4 inch of space between the max limit line

Attached Files:

2. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    You should be better off with the 10 than the 20. Also, you could try using a little heavier line like 12 or 15lb test. Also, practice makes perfect. There are also some brakes on the reel that you can mess with to adjust how fast the line comes off of the reel (don't know if that's the best explination) that can help with the backlashes. Maybe somebody who has the same reel can chime in and help ya out more than I can. Also if you're using a really light weight that can compound the problem.

3. J. Percy Priest

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Thanks i found the break.. i had it all the way tightened by default. I looked up how to use the break now and it said you let it drop slowly and set it to that. but every time you change lures or weights you have to re-set it. And then that helps the backlashes like you said. Then it said i might have to keep my thumb on it so that i can keep the reel from spinning faster then the bait casts out. Your right it takes a whole lot of practice :/

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I dont have that exact model,But I have a pinnacle baitcaster. I can say this ,I've used many baitcasting reels over the past 25 yrs ,and the pinnacle is as smooth and fast a reel as any I have owned. I pretty much had to relearn to cast with mine as the spool turns so smoothly. You'll get it ,just be patient and keep practicing.

5. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Thomas, Welcome to the BOC!

6. J. Percy Priest

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Thanks CJ21 i had a account on the old forums but i just signed up there right before this one was made :D i don't know why i kept spelling brake break guess i was in a hurry

7. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    You is welcome Thomas.

8. J. Percy Priest

State:
    Murfreesboro TN
    Btw guys it was an inertia i guess i was looking at the little orange letters not the big black ones above it 0_0. But i have been able to use it and only got 2 backlashes this week. Thanks for the help