Pink "Zote" soap

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by Little Luey, May 1, 2007.

1. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I read about using this mexican pink soap but I have no idea how to put it on the hook or what kind of rig to use. Any help is appreciated.

2. MississippiJugHead

MississippiJugHead New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Zote is interesting because its a laundry soap that comes in bars. I tried it once on jugs. It is described as "slow bite" which means it needs to be in the water a little while before it attracts fish. I used a sharp knife to cut the bar into pieces about the size of sugar cubes. I didn't have much luck running the hook through the soap without it falling apart til I discovered a little secret. I had some screw eyes in my tackle box and I used one to "drill" a hole in the soap. It was easy to then thread the hook into the soap. Good luck with it as I didn't catch anything using Zote.

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
  4. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    thanks guys. will give it a try.

5. micus

micus New Member

State:
    Lake St. L
    I cut it into about 3/8" cubes and just push the point of a J hook in the center of it. It works best on limb, trot, jug lines--it takes a while to melt a little and create a fat trail in the water to attract the fish. Its made out of mostly animal fat.

6. adamant

adamant New Member

State:
    new jersey
    easy to put on... cut a piece and mold it.. i used it before with no luck.. but our waters are still cold..