Piney Bay Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by Waterbug, Apr 8, 2009.

1. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hey all - this is my first post here, but i've read many very helpful threads.
    Anyway, I'm heading out tomorrow for a couple of days (and nights) of Piney Bay catfishing. Anybody have any experience fishing the area?

Thanks

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have fished piny bay, across from the park is a pumping station, there are cats in that area. I am from London just up the road from Piny. when will you be there?

3. Waterbug

Waterbug New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    We'll get there tomorrow around 4:00-5:00 to set up camp and hopefully hit the water quickly.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Will! I've fished for bass and stripers in Piney Bay, but never for catfish. If you ever fish between Dardanelle and Cherokee, I may be able to help you with some spots.

5. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Yes i have plenty:eek:oooh::tounge_out: at piney go up-stream past the rock quarry stay in the channel it is deadly out of it:wink: go past the "poles" in the water ther is an island on your left ......fish that flat with fresh bait/shad/skips/..it is 3-5ftdeep average lots of blues taken there...some nice ones too. good luck!!

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Will - welcome to the BOC! Top is the man to see, look him up when you get there!