Pine Flat Salmon and rainbow bite HOT!

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by daystarchis, Jun 30, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Me and 2 of my buddies went to Pine Flat last night. From 8pm to 4 am brought in 27 (17 Salmon 1-3 # and 10 bows 1-2#) Thanks to Bob (orchardhills) for the Dumongs! It was the ticket.....

2. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :cool2: "Cool" :cool2:

"Way to go Buddy"!

Robb just sent me a text picture of his catch - "Nice size fish"!

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Cool!!! Now that the bait is running you can catch some Catfish, LOL!!!

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Robb, glad to hear that your alive and well. I have enjoyed your video posts and like your pics. Dont be to loud about the fishing..... and catching. I know that it is legal to catfish at nights, but I wonder about the "incedental side catch" that you are getting....

Happy 4th to you Robb,

Bayrunner Ray

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here is a question Ray. There were some discussion about limits on that trip. Now since we got there at 7 pm Fri and left Sat around 4 am, then is that still 1 day limit, or can we say 2 day? Also, is there a special limit on salmon? I do want to be "as legal" :wink: as possible. Oh... can we fish at night for trout/salmon and also use a submersable light....lol?

You have a safe and happy one too my friend. Like to hook up with you and Tom again soon......

6. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Alright! Dumong's strikes again. I'll let my supplier know. That stuff is deadly at Pine Flat. In the early part of this year we caught close to 100 trout and salmon combined with various scents.

I'd say that you are legal as could be for your fish counts. The way I see it you fished for two calendar days. Therefore...5 a day and 10 in possesion for three guys makes it out to 30 fish. My question is why didn't you get the last three:big_smile:

I'm on vacation now so drop me a line and we can get out there or Mendota. I've been trying the canals and it is just too darn slow. I also went to Millerton this weekend and caught two bass (threw them back).

I have some more Dumong's but in concentrated formula. I was saving it for the gathering but if you need more let me know.

7. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    I checked the regs and it looks like Pine Flat is in the Valley District. I guess it used to have a 10 fish possession limit and 5 daily. That's what I always went by. Now, as far as I can tell, it has the same limit for possession and daily limit, which is 5. But hey, you guys ate the Friday's limit for supper and brought home Saturday's limit. At least that's what I thought you did :wink:

Now please don't let anybody take my words for law or truth. Look them up yourself and help me figure out these darn regs.

Either way Robb...what an awesome night.

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go robb.... i need to get out and do some fishing like that:roll_eyes:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    RIGHT ON! I am pretty low on the peanut butter and the anise. That Dumong's is the sh*t!

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Gonna hit the flat this Friday evening if i don't get out to the slough. Looks to be a hot weekend.