Pine flat report

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Jan 14, 2008.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Fresnofishfan and i headed to Pine Flat lake Saturday with his boat. got on the lake around 7:30 and was trolling by 8 am. Weather was a lil cloudy at first but it becamme an awesome day. First catch was a nice 13" bow and then a lil 10' bow and that was all there were odf bows for me. Fred hooked up with the big bow of the day. 15 1/2" bow. I brought in 4 spots all on a silver spoon. Thanks Fred for hooking me up. Fred is a trout slayer!!!!!!!Some pics attached. I will attach others tonight.

Attached Files:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    More pics from Pine flat Lake

Attached Files:

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Robb, good to see that you could get out onto the Lake..... It looks as though the water is up from when I was there two years back..Did you get to the "secret spot" down by the dam area?

Great pics.... and having fun,....

Thanks for the "up date" on local fishing.....

Bayrunner Ray

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Robb, thought that since you are into the "Technology thing" with the video's and things, that you might like this post by Marty....Mr. T Sounds like something that you may want to have on your cell....LOL:wink:

http://www.drdepth.se/Amb7000.mp3

Bayrunner Ray

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Ray.....AWESOME!!!!! Iam gonna put that on my cell for sure.... Thanks!!!!

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Buddy,

Just checking in - I made it back home last last night from So. California, it looks like you guys have a blast out there on the water. I enjoyed talking with you Sunday too.

And thanks for sharing those photos with us. :0a31:
    :wink:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

7. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on buddy!!!!Iam soooooo close to picking up a very reliable transport, it will be very soon, that we will be hiting the delta like we talked about Sunday.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here are some pics of last Saturday.

Attached Files:

9. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    More pictures of Pine flat:big_smile:

Attached Files:

10. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    hey nice fish clean looking bass my friend and that look like a sweet spot rick from ohio

11. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Hey Rob Im stankbait on this board:wink:

Weather was great that day, cool crisp and the air smelling of a sucessful fishing adventure.
    I anticipated a shad bite and hooked Rob up with a copcar needlefish on a leadcore setup. Boy is nice when you are right. ARob had the first fish 5 mins after droping down just as we caught view of the trimmer ramp.

I hooked up a little 10'' trout on a dodger/crawler rig and it burped up two small 1 - 1 1/2 '' shad. I put them on my hook and down they went. After a few runs with no luck I was going to switch it up. Rob said give it a minute longer.BAAAAMMMM! HE hit, and he hit hard.

I had a nice trout taking line ,headshaking ,tail walking, and jumping all over!!
    Rob nets the fish like a pro and I take a deep breath as I only had a 4lb leader. A real pig football trout, nice but not the biggest PF holds for sure, but a respectable fight for a small beast.

While fighting my fish Robb forgets to reel in the leadcore and he snaggs off the needlefish, our best shad immitation.:crazy:

He asks what to put on , and I say anything that looks like what you lost.
    He pulls out an old spoon with no hook. He puts on a hook and down it goes.

Now this sob with my favorite setup stars to out fish me!!!
    Me nails bass after bass trolling right by the 30k boats in my little old leaky Gregor catching some decent spotts. Now people are watching and following us around.:confused2:

I proceed to bet one more bite and one LDR on a dodger and kastmaster.
    We bait fish for a bit and take off thru the steep canyon walls back to the ramp , motor sputtering out of gas as we get closer to the ramp.
    We make it back, and word around the dock is we were catcing all the fish.

Another great day with a great buddie, and only an 40 mins from my front door.

Tight Lines and loose drags.

Yours truly,

Fresnofishassasin

aka stankbait
    aka fresnofishfan

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Joseph,
    aka ("stankbait")
    aka ("fresnofishfan")

I just wanted you to know that I enjoyed reading the story of you & my boy (Robb) trip.
    :0a31:
    I know when I spoke with him after the trip it sounds like he had a Blast out there. :0a23:

I'm planing on doing a lot of traveling (Fishing Trips) this year:

1.) Going down to The Blythe Ca./AZ Gathering to hook-up with my Buddy's Dale & Billy Jo.

2.) Going up to the Sacramento Area to do some fishing with my boy Linz.

3.) Hooking up with my Buddy's Ray & Tom to wet-a-line (or Two :wink:).

4.) And if Robb is having a Gathering down at Mendota this year, I'm planing on being there to.
    :big_smile:
    So what I'm trying to say is - I getting out this year and doing some fishing in a lot of new areas & I want to be a part of the fun down there.
    (I got to make-up for last season - and I will (God willing).

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Iam ready again stankbait when ever you are.........:big_smile::cool2::009:

Very very good story. I felt like iwas there again:wink:

14. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Robb and Fred:smile2:

How have you guys been? I haven't been to PF lately as there isn't water where I want to go. How far did you guys go back? Is Sycamore still dry? How about Big Creek?

Take care.

15. StankBait

StankBait New Member

State:
    CA
    Hey Bert , Looking forward to meeting & fishing with you.
    Robbs got alot of good things to say about you.
    We were checking some pics from the gathering, you guys got some nice fish, stripers too!!

orchardhills- Water is coming up. Last time I went to upper kings river big creek was dry.

We only made it back to trimmer. We were catching so we didnt move out of the area all day.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    :0a31:
    Thanks StankBait,
    We all got to get together and do some fishing. Lets try to set something up.
    :0a23:

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey Bert,
    We get you down here for several days, We'll take you up to Pine flat too:wink: Let's do it.....

18. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Lemme know i'm game for some over due fishing

19. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Vini my man"!!!!!! :big_smile:

What's been going on Dude? I Hope all is well. :0a32:

Ya man, you got to come out of retirement and do some fishing with me this year Buddy. :0a23:

20. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Man Bert I haven't done much at all fishin in this last year, got me a small lil bass once up in porterville and thats about all just been prospecting .

Taking my dredge up to the San Joaquin river in the morning , dredging tomorrow all afternoon and going back Saturday and Sunday, if things go right I should be holding between 1-2 ounces of gold by sunday afternoon, if the dredge works and he water doesnt turn me into a popsicle :sad2:

There are supposed to be small mouth bass in there and also large shad and Stripers I have not seen visually a single fish but tomorrow if I can get my head to go under that 40 degree water I will have my goggles on and see what comes up to the back of the dredge, the fish always come to feed off the tailings as they roll off the sluice box from the dredge, I also have a water proof container for my video camera now so hoping to get some underwater video, but I haven't tested it out yet hate to mess up my $800 camcorder.