Pine Flat crappie and king salmon

Discussion in 'CALIFORNIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by daystarchis, Jul 7, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Went out last night around 11 pm. fished till bout 5 am. fish night crawler free line. Caught my limit and a couple of crappie ( a large one). Budddy caught a nice stringer and a nice crappie as wll. Night crawler and Dumongs! Picts attached.

Attached Files:

2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Try it again. more pics....

Attached Files:

3. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Nicely done Robb. Have you given any thought to Lake Isabella?
    Every thing I read right now says the cats biting are all over the lake.

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I have fished it a few times. Not resently though. I sure hate that road going there. I figure there be a brother or two will go one of these days andI will mess around and face that road as well. lol.

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Looking Good Robb" :wink:

Thanks for sharing the photo Buddy.
    :0a31:

Take It Easy,
    Bert:cool2: Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

6. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    11:00 is really late. You are dedicated. Was the temperature still hot?

Nice fish.

7. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Way to go Robb... thats a nice area up there.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks Bert.... We need to get together for sure dude. Lets plan it:big_smile: Bob/James, let me tell you what crazy is.... Here is the entire story:crazy: Buddy of mine fishes 3-4 times a week. He is a college student that when school is out, fishing is in session:eek:oooh: Dude lives at home so the story goes..... lol! Any who..... Sucker knows every HOT fishing spot in the area:smile2: We use his 12ft alum with a trolling motor. Anchore and we use a submersable light to bout 10 ft down.

Now, he picks me up around 7 pm. runs here and there and it is 8:30 pm. Swing by walmart in clovis to pick up the crawlers......Power outage:angry: Everything is closed. We go by an old place I know back in the day. "Lil Brown Jug" in Clovis on Clovis Ave. and Jefferson St. They got bait!:tounge_out: Get out there and there are a few boats in the water. 3 of us on a 12 ft :smile2: 2 of the fools fall a sleep for an hour. See, the bite was actually picking up around 4 ish AM. I was just plain sore to staying in that lil boat. Scott knocked over my peanut butter Dumongs :angry: What the heck! that the good Shi*! The weather was AWESOME! I was in pants and had to put my sweat shirt on around 2 am. As you can see in the picture. Actually got cold and had to put my hood on. As we pulled in, some guys had a nice 16 or 18 ft Lund. Real nice. They thought they were the shi* :smile2: Had top of line everything. They said they were gonna troll:roll_eyes: They had smerks on there faces seeing 3 guys (2 were big) out a lil 12 footer. But when they asked if we caught anything, there looks on there faces were pricless:wink: Scott, joe and I had 3 nice stringers. Largest King going 3# and crappie was 2# and largest bow was 2.5# and Joe caught 2 bass 2# each. We all had are limits. Sure is scary though when you hook a fish and both dudes are sleep and they franticly wake up to help net the fish:eek:oooh: I was safer with them fools a sleep:smile2:

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,

I guest you guys show those guys how it "Should Really Be Done"!
    LoL:happy:

10. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Great story Robb! You guys are really doing well out there. Are you guys shore fishing at all? I still have some Dumong's for you.

Reminds me of Jerry's small aluminum boat that was literally found on the road. It fell off of some guys truck!. Two people max. fit in that sucker. He would cruise right by the fancy boats and not say a word. Once he'd hear some chuckles he'd raise his stringer to shut them up. It worked every time.

I'm on vacation and still haven't gone fishing, except for blue gill. This week is Disnelyand. I'm gonna fish as much as I can from the 17th to the 31st.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Hey, check out the Capt. Nemo ride and the new space mountain. Of course you must try California Soaring in Cali Adv. Have fun and soak up the memories. I wish my kids were young again. You get back, let me know. We'll hook up.