pinched nerve in elbow

Discussion in 'Other Repairs' started by Cattracker16, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    hey fellow cat fishers... i have a pinched nerve in my elbow going in for surg on the 16th of jan 2006 what can i exspect? *sp do ya think i will have pain afterwards? and is it possible that the numbness in my pinky will go away? what i do know is that my ulinary nerve in my elbow is pinched and they plan on moving it to above my knob... <looks @ elbow> to releave the pinchyness... any1 had any expeiance in this feild? i don't need no medical advise jus wondering if any1 had any experiance with pinky/palm numbness b4.. bummer for me huh kenny

2. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I have Cattracker16, but it was from my neck that was broken twice. The relief from the numbness and pain will be worth it. It will be sore, but you shouldn't be scared of having it done. Just follow the Drs. orders and all will be fine. Hope this helps. Put you in my prayers.

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    go for it its well worth the soreness you will have for a short time. i had to have surgery on my shoulder when i rotated my arm around it sounded like bad bearings lol pain oh man i had pain for 2 years straight from it now its acting up in my other shoulder. *sigh* it sucks getting old at times lol.

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Yes you can expect some pain after-wards. Now with that said you should be in Therapy proto. AS soon as the Ortho Doc. says and follow the protocol to the tee. The elbow, wrist and hand is not something the we specialize in in Physical therapy we leave that to the O.T. guys but I can tell you that therapy will be a big deal in recovering from any surgery.

Hope that helps.

5. craddock1

craddock1 Active Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    don't know about elbows but i have had both knees totally replaced in the last 11 months. knees are pain free for the first time in 30 years. don't put it off.

6. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Thank you guys for the input.. i'm not scared about it too much i just wanna know i am making the right descision by getting cut open and moving the nerve to the top side of my elbow.. wood be nice to not have pain in my elbow and numbness in my fingers again. best part is i can still go to work rather i do anything or not is the question... again thanks fellas... kenny

7. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    I have had that operation. Pinky is still numb ,also the side of my hand.There is no pain though. They cut me at the elbow and the palm of my hand and moved the nerve over.

8. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    well i went through surg yestarday everything went good, the nerve was pinched purty good and it was from a previous dislocation and knob on elbow was busted off.. they gave me some serious drugs.. vicoden and oxycotton.. i wouldn't make a good drug taken person.. the crap makes me feel bad but pain is mostly gone. and if that aint bad enough i am quiting smoking at same time.. good thing for the patch and that wax tasting gum.

9. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    How did they discover that you had a pinched nerve? What type of doctor did you go to? The reason I ask is because I have been experiencing numbness in my left thumb and index finger. It has been like this for a couple of months now. I'm not sure what to do about it or where to even start as far as tracking the problem. I had surgery about 3 years ago on a ruptured disc in my neck. I had the same concerns you stated above. I'm glad I had the surgery done!

I'm glad you made it through your surgery without a hitch. Be sure to follow the therapy that the doctors prescribe. Go slow and don't overdo it. I think you will be very pleased with the results.

10. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    well 1st i started off with the cyro. she just waisted my money.. i went to my family dr.. and he sent me to the neauro *sp surgen and they did some tests with some electrical probes and some electric wave machine.. it almost sounds like you have a touch of carple tonnel.. IMO i say that just because the nerve for your pinky and the finger next to it is the funny bone nerve the others are elseware... i would go to your dr and see what he says.. it could also be in your neck but i'm not a dr or even a cyro... just get it checked out b4 it gets too bad, maybe some anti inflamitories will work? ibprofin helps but if it persists i would go to ur dr.. and thanks for the well wishes