Pimlico area 7/7

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by matt22va, Jul 8, 2009.

1. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Decided to put in at cypress garden and try to get away from the crabs. We fished around pimlico and the crabs weren't as thick, gar were thicker. Fished from 6 til about 11 and got what appeared to be 1 hit from a catfish. We got to jerk at a couple of gar. Wish I had something better to report, maybe next time. There was plenty of bait, big shiners flipping on top and bluegill beds all around. I saw a couple of LARGE bass completely leave the water at dusk, so if you fish that thursday tournament this area might be worth checking out.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I know some people like that arae of the river, but I never had much luck there - except for catching a few smallish blues in the rice field breaks around late ebb.

By the way, it's pretty common to see carp jump around there. Sure what you saw were bass? Then again, I have a coworker who has caught a couple of 10 pound class largemouths around there, so I know they're there.

3. matt22va

matt22va New Member

State:
    Kingsland, Ga
    Definitely could have been a smaller carp since it was right around dusk. I could just tell that it was of a shorter fatter body style. That would explain some of the huge splashes I heard up there that i knew were too big for bass. We had fished that area once with chicken liver in January and caught 10 between 6-10 lbs but that was the only time. If there is carp up there that big I may just go up there with some dough or corn, anything to see a rod bend here lately.