Pile Caps and Exhale gloves

Discussion in 'Fishing Clothing Review' started by vlparrish, Dec 25, 2007.

1. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    I like to get out on the river year round and it can be a miserable thing in foul weather. One of the best hats I have found to keep you warm are the pile caps with the fur ear pieces. You may look like Randy Quaid from National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but you will be warm doing it. My Mother-in-Law got me a pair of Exhale gloves for Christmas. They have a little port in the back of the hand to breath into. This port lets warm air from your breath run to the tips of the fingers. On a trial basis it seems great, I haven't put them to the full test, but I think I'm gonna like em. Vern

2. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :0a23:Vern hope u stay warm! im going tomorrow 12 26 07 its going to be pretty nice:big_smile:

3. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Vernon try wool gloves,wool is the only thing that will keep your hands warm when wet.The last year I wet traped I had on wool gloves,they stayed wet the whole time I was on my trap line and my hands never got to cold.

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Anybody remember the old Army Pile Caps? I think I still got one on the books.

Come on, fess up, who got one? :smile2:

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I remember the hats. Them and the wool uniforms would send me into a scratchin frenzy. LOL!

6. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    I have Me one of them old pile caps.Super Warm.The Wife calls it a Birth control hat,cause No Women is gonna have ANYTHING to do with You if Your wearing one.LOL.
    J.D.

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Where have you been john ?Are you comming to the gathering this year?