Pikeral Problems..

Discussion in 'Northern Pike Fishing' started by C_wernett, Feb 11, 2006.

1. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    It would appear, that everyone I've either fished with or come accross since moving to NC several years ago, has had no problems in finding or caching chain pickeral. I, on the other hand, haven't been able to catch one...not one! I've try bass techniques, live bait, pike techniques that I used to use back home...I've had a couple of chases, but no takers...anyone got something "sure fire" to get me my first chainside???

2. eaglesfan00000

eaglesfan00000 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I caught on one day i had 2 poles out for about an hour with cutbait and nothing happened i wen't to go reel up my line and it felt like something
    was on it and it was a chain pickeral about 2 pounds it had both of my piece's of cutbait from both poles , Then a couple of weeks later a friend
    caught 3 on spinnerbait.

3. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    Caught em while largemouth fishing.They were hitting rapala lures,rattle traps,berkley frenzy diver.
    I'd say a safe bet would be live bait like minnows.But if they're in the water your fishing they should hit spinners and bass type lures also.

4. C_wernett

C_wernett New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    That's what I'm saying...I've thrown spinnerbaits, stickbaits, plastics, standard cranks, lipless cranks, drifted live shiners, jigged minnows...you name it, I've tried it! Alot of the guys I hear catching them are fishing for crappie and bass, so I target areas that I would target for bass or crappie...but no luck...I've gotta be doing something wrong. This the only member of the pike family I can't catch...little redfins, I've caught tons...Northerns and Musky back in Iowa...but not the first pikeral...Maybe I'm just unlucky! lol

5. misterwhiskers

misterwhiskers New Member

State:
    Trenton
    If guys are catching them fishing fer crappie,try downsizing youir bait and lures.
    That may help.
    Sometimes smaller is better