Pike Lake: Kosciusko City

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Fishgeek, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    FYI for anyone in that area. I recently saw the DNR's fisheries survey for Center Lake in Kos. County (Warsaw, IN) from this past summer. The lake is loaded with channels up to ~35 inches. Might be worth hitting if you get a chance.

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    thanks for the heasds up bro. i used to fish that pond alot when i worked over that way. i was chasin eyes, though i did catch a 9# cat on a crank bait. it was caught down from the pier at the mouth of the creek there. deep diver grinding sand in 3 ft. of water. our new indiana resident brian should get to know this lake,he is over that way! good luck bud that your first indiana tip. lol

3. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks for the tip. I will definitely try and get up there a couple of times this year. If anyone has fished this lake before I would appreciate any tips on areas that are good to fish. Also, if there is good bank access or if I will need a boat.

4. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey, hopefully I've got one of the mods. taking care of this but I messed up bad! It's NOT Center Lake with the good channel cats

PIKE LAKE is the one I meant!!! Pike is in Warsaw in Kosciusko County. Pike has the nice channels! I am terribly sorry!

Can I give myself bad rep?!?!!:confused:

5. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    is it the lake thats in town? i mite have the wrong name too. lol

6. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes River Scum, its the one right in town...actually, Center Lake is right beside it...hence my confusion. Winona Lake is also right there in Warsaw too.

Jroc: Pike has great shore access. The side of the lake with the boat ramp is a big city park. There's a nice fishing pier too.

7. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Thanks for the info!! I'll have to try and give it a shot this year. I have a boat just didnt know if I would need it or not.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    yes thats the one i was thinking of. nice long cement pier to fish from.

9. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    Yes, it is a very nice pier to fish off of. I'm not sure how well the catfishing is off of it but the lake is certainly worth a try.

10. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Thanks for the info...I have a buddy that lives up there and I might have to give it a try sometime. Do you guys know anything about cats in Tippy. My buddy lives right on it, but is a bass fisher and doesn't know much about the cats in it.

11. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    What part of the Tippy are you talking about. North of lake shaffer, or south of lake freeman. I live on the south side between Oakdale Dam and the Wabash and there is some great catfishing here!!!

12. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    BSU:

I've never fished it but I've been told that Tippe Lake has some nice channels. One guy I know said he & his son would go out & find these little depressions on the lake bottom in 4-6 feet of water. He said they would find a channel sitting in these depressions and then jig 'em with a minnow and catch them. Said it was pretty weird but they caught some nice cats. I think River Scum has fished over there for channels too.

Flathead: I believe BSU is talking about Tippe Lake up here in Kosciusko County.

13. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    sorry i never catfished tippy bro. barbbie chain used to be good. i also know there are some hogs in chapman lake. i seen a channel floating in it 16yrs ago that would have been over 20#!!!

catfisher : if i had a buddy on tippy i would be casting and baiting for skies man!

14. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I will keep the in mind riverscum...and thanks for the info everyone. I will have to go make a visit over the summer and bass fish day time..and catfish all night.

15. dusky

dusky Member

State:
    indiana
    Don't know that anyone's viewing this thread anymore, but figured I'd put my two cents in anyway. I pulled my biggest Indiana channel cat out of there two summers ago... 37 inches. That was the ONLY fish that either me or my brother caught that outing. It was worth it, of course, and of course I released it healthy! Might be a couple inches longer now... Man did it look old though. It's about time to head back there.

16. catfishernick33

catfishernick33 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I used to have a place on Tippy a few years ago but we sold it. I don't remember catching very many catfish but its a great lake for bass.