Pike Island Pool/Ohio River

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Baitkiller, Sep 13, 2006.

1. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Well was only able to get out two times this year to the "Old Honey Hole" banking fishing. In May the water temps dropped back under 55 when out and only got two small Mud Cats.

Monday and the last shot for the year I hoped for better. 4 Flatheads with the biggest @ 41 1/2 inches, 35 1/4#s. Not to awfull bad for the waters there. That also gave me a "06" "Fish Ohio" Pin Flathead which I have the "03" up to "06" now which I want to keep doing. Oh yes I'm now at a count of 100 Shovels. The last two years I have not been out much due to new career, over the road driver.

None of these fish slamed or tried to run with the cut baits but pecked or gave only very soft bites while I tight-lined. Two of the fish wrapped me up good and I did lose one due to all the snags there.

Normally I would not post this but since it will be "07" till I'm out again :sad2: I'ma doing it. There are a few others here that fish this spot and I wanted to share with them too. Also there are even more snags there now!!!!!!!!!

:byebye:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Nice fish buddy, we need to get together. I have called ya many time when uup that way but figured you were on the road. Hope all is well Steve.

3. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Patscat.jpg

Just now got the film done from the "Sring "05" Fishoff" of my wife's Very FIRST Flathead!! She was in the fishoff and this was her entry. It was a 33 3/4# fish caught @ "Ol #9".

:big_smile:

4. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    nice fish,hope she gets many more

5. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bait, why did it take so long?
    Now, as for the fish, please tell Trish how proud I am of her.
    Finally, I hope you don't take that long to fish with me again! lol:crazy:

6. Barillms

Barillms New Member

State:
    Steubenville OH
    I know exactly where this spot is!