Pike Island Dam

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by neocats, Aug 2, 2007.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'm bankfishing and plan on going down to Pike Dam for some catfish. I'm on the Ohio side. Has anyone ever bankfished there and what can I expect.?

2. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jeff, I have fished the Ohio side close to the locks. There is a access road that lets you get close. You will have to go down somewhat of a steep bank though. Its not to bad but rocky. You can Google it and zoom in really close.There is a path close to the end of the lock wall, the wall looks close, but is very far away. lol We have caught many small flats and channel and a few gar. My friends 5# smally comes to mind, caught on a black spinner blade at Midnight. There has to be some nice cats there. I fished it way before the BOC and I wasn't quite up to the task with gear and knowledge. :eek:oooh::smile2:lol............good luck

3. rockbass

rockbass New Member

State:
    Ohio
    One of these times, I will have to meet up with ya down that way Jeff. I made my first trip to the Ohio a couple weeks ago, and loved it. I would go this weekend if I could.

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Sounds good Rocky. My Saturday nights are pretty tied up till the middle of September. However, if anyone wants to join me and teach me some new tricks, I'm available almost any weeknight.

5. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio