Pike Island Dam

Discussion in 'WEST VIRGINIA RIVER TALK' started by true1212, Oct 15, 2006.

1. true1212

true1212 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Is The dam still good to fish in? I have only been there once since early 2003. I caught my first flathead there at 6 pounds and first channel at 2 pounds. I have fished upriver in the winter on a small dock and caught 5 nice sized channel cats in an hour but the guy seems to forget who we are(hasnt seen us for about 3 years or so). anyways, is pike island dam still good and when should i get there to avoid the crowd? What bait should i use?

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    If you fish from the pier below the dam, you will need a drop net. Most of the crowd are fishing for stripers, walleye and sauger. Havent heard of any big flatheads being caught there for the past couple years but im sure they are there. Mostly channel cats are being caught on cut shad and chicken livers. The gars are thick and steal a lot of bait below the dam.

There is bank spot at Tiltonsville, Ohio behind the ball park that has big channel cats in that area.

4. Gunner-Fisherman

Gunner-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hi…

I have done really well at Pike Island dam, this past Oct I brought in a 29 pounder about 60 yards down from the pier.