Pigs in a Blanket

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Boomer, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    My daughter loves to help me cook, every since she was 3 she has been helping me, I just sat her up on the counter, and gave her something to do. Me and her make Pigs in a Blanket, she enjoys rolling out the biscuits, my main job is rolling them up and putting them on the cookie sheet. She inspects each one to "make sure I did it right".

Hot dogs
    1 roll of cheap biscuits

Put flour on the surface your are going to roll them out on. Roll the biscuit out the same length as the hot dog. Take and roll hot dog up. Place on greased cookie sheet. They are done when the biscuit is done. Kids love them, and there is no need to buy hotdog buns. I have found that the cheaper the biscuits the better they work out. Dont know why!

2. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey I am looking for a good crawdad boil recipe. I use the stuff at the store for crab and shrimp. Was wondering if anyone had one they wouldnt mind sharing.

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Boomer I like this kind of pigs in a blanket. Cooked sausage links rolled up in a pancake. Give em a try. There goooooodd!!

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im getting hungry! :wink:

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I do the PIAB too! I slice the hot dog length wise, and put cheese in it. Then I roll 'em up. Man, that's some good, cheap eating!
    BB in SC

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    My kids love em too, gotta admit I'll eat a couple if I make em...:wink:

When I read pigs in a blanket I was thinkin stuffed cabbage rolls...I always call them PIB too....:smile2:

7. OhioRiverCatfisher

OhioRiverCatfisher New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hey Gary, question for ya. Why do my fingers turn yellow when I eat crawdads. What is the yellow stuff?... Is it the crawdad? Is it the way they are prepared? Is it something I am better off not knowing? And most important...is it normal????? A fellow from SC opened a BBQ shop up here and I had them there for the first time in my life. Pretty tasty but the yellow stuff was all over my fingers... I remember when I was a kid my mom made pigs in a blanket...loved them then and now ya got me wanting them now. Nice to have someone jog your memory back to the good old times...thanks brother

8. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I think it's just fat....it's all good and tasty....:big_smile:

9. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The yellow stuff on your fingers, is the fat that is stored in the body of the crawdad. People suck the head to get that fat. I love it. Me and my Mom got into it one time, I seined a mud hole and got about 250 nice crawdads for fishing and I came home and 1/2 of them were gone........lol she had boiled them up, and I didnt get any.

Out here that is about all I do is think about food. The chow hall here has decent food, but they add no seasoning to it, and it tastes rather bland, it is amazing what hot sauce will do for the food here. About a month ago, I dreamed I was at Rib Crib and they had run out of Ribs, boy I woke up in a fould mood. Pretty bad when you have night mares about food.

I wish I had all my recipes, the ones I put up are just the ones, I make on a regular basis, and know how much of what goes into them.

I have some summer sausage recipes we use on deer, that have been in the family for years, that some of these guys would really like to have. We smoke the sausage, and I tell you it is good, when I get home in Dec, I will post those.

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i lovem myself lol:big_smile:

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I heard cabbage rolls called 'pigs in a blanket' long before I ever heard the term applied to weenies rolled up in canned biscuit dough; shoot, as far as that goes it was even before I ever heard of canned biscuit dough.

12. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Mmm pigs in a blanket. Good eats. Give this a try. I know it sounds weird, but man it's good. Take a can of cranberry(all gelled up in the can). And put it in a pot and heat slightly before a boil, and is all melted. Then just take your pigs in a blanket and dip them in the canberry sauce. I love it.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    dont know any crawfish recipies. but i did about buy a big bag the other day. ive ate before. and will again.:wink: