Pictures

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by grillking, Sep 25, 2007.

1. grillking

grillking New Member

State:
    omaha, nebraska
    I am looking for good ways to take pictures when i'm fishing alone. When i get some nice keepers, i have my wife do it at home. but i go fishing 98% of the time by myself. when i get a real good fish, i gotta put him back, but like they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. any and all input is appreciated.:0a23:

2. CHAVEZ CHAVEZ

CHAVEZ CHAVEZ New Member

State:
    WesternSlope,CO
    does your camera have the thread thing on the bottom ? if so you can use a arrow with the noc on it and screw the camera on . this is what i do from the bank or when i'm hunt'n just stick it in the ground were it's sturdy set your mode an there you have it .

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've got a picture posted on here somewhere of me laying in the bottom of the boat with a 43# beside me:smile2: That was the only way I could get me and the fish in the picture with one hand holding the camera. Good Luck!

Branden

4. jason berry

jason berry New Member

State:
    Evansville
    If you have the money by a digital camera nothing fancy just make sure it has a timer. I think I payed $130 for mine but it was well worth it.

5. yeppa

yeppa New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Try laying the fish next to something to give it scale (like a yardstick or rod n' reel). No offense--but you aint that purty anyway. I know---"I'm a fine one to talk"!

6. Rhinocat

Rhinocat New Member

State:
    North Dakota
    you could make a tripod that hooks to your seat and have atimer on it.. that is what i have,,

7. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    Sounds like you have the same problem i have, so im glad you started this thread. Im looking foward to the response we get.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Definitely a digital camera with a timer on it. Be sure to take some test photos before you go fishing, so you know what distance to set the camera and where to stand/kneel and still be able to get in the shot with your big fish.

The only downside is that the timers are typically 10 seconds, and taking multiple shots means keeping the fish out of the water for a long time. This is a concern of mine for the BOC tournament, where we have to get multiple shots.

The avenue I'm actually looking into is a digital camera with a movie mode. Activate it, set it down, then stand in front of the camera and do what you got to do without pause. Then go home and take stills from the movie. This will get the fish back into the water in less time than waiting for a timer.