Pictures of Trotlines

Discussion in 'Alternative Methods of Catching Catfish' started by Nick C, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Nick C

Nick C New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hi Guys, I'm new here, and was directed here by Justwannano. I'm a very beginner trotliner, and would just like to see some of your set ups, so I have ideas on how to construct my own.

I guess I should mention, I'm mainly after channel cats, and nothing too terribly big, I guess good eater size channels.

I've been lurking for a few days, and I bought some Gamakatsu 6/0 Octupus Circles, and will probably be using cut creek chub for bait and possibly few worms.

I'm from Iowa, and will have to update my profile.

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Nick!:big_smile:

3. mcseal2

mcseal2 Active Member

State:
    Kansas
    Welcome to the BOC

I don't have any pics, I usually prefer bank poles to trot lines, but I use them in some situations. First off you might tell us a little more about where you plan to set them. It takes a much different set on different types of water, lake, river, or small stream.

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC. You will find your answers here.

5. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
  6. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Nick, Welcome to the BOC/SOC ! An easy way to start trotlining is to buy one. They are available at Wally World. Make sure to get the clips, too.
    My husband and I are going to be doing some jugging and trotlining this week and I'll post on here to let y'all know how it goes.

7. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Nick! Buying a trotline is better than nothing, I guess, but if you can find someone to show you how to make one yourself, you'll end up with a much better trotline. I was gonna point you to the library, but somebody already beat me to it.