Pictures of some of your fish

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by vini, Mar 4, 2007.

1. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    I'll start with some crappie me and a friend got about 7 years back, his crappie weighed in at 4-5 pound i'm thinking it was 4 pounds but danged if it doesn't look even bigger then that i'm pretty sure mine went 3 pounds .

These were caught in a local lake about half hours drive from fresno, that day we filled a 5 gallon bucket up with crappie had the most fun i'd had in a long long time I had just quit drinking back then notice my weight was about 200 pounds back then I go 270 now LOL, I was one sick puppy ready to die, that trip helped save my life Rick was a good friend who took time to show me sobriety was a good time not boring and glum.

Attached Files:

2. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Hey vini, wanna congradulate you on your sobriety, I been dry now just a lil over a yr. been clean now for 14 yrs. I got re-introduced w/an old love.........FISHING!!, about 2 yrs ago, and I would NOT trade all those nights of drinkin an partyin for one night of good fishin. Sorry I dont have any pics of me an my catches, but I am workin on it. thanks for sharing your pics.

3. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Hey righton Keith glad to meet you Brother.

I had one slip last year after almost 6 years clean, only lasted one night and I knew I had made a grave error but i learned from it otherwise i'm back with about 7 months now, *hit happens just don't ever let it keep you down if it happens to you.

And yes I love to fish and get outdoors and I now remember what happened the night before.

Funny thing I took my exgirlfriend who lives in Fort Hood out to Belton Lake a few years ago , there was a small dock we fished off of for Bluegill and crappie not sure exactly where on the lake it was, had to walk back off the road just a little ways you may know the spot.

4. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Tom I know I saw the other day you posted a picture of a flounder/halibut? it was white, that looked like a pretty large fish?

5. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    This is a day on the California Delta that I wont soon forget. I got my frist Channel Cat over 20lb & my frist 10+ Bass -"on the same day"!

(Look at the date on each photo was taken) :wink:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

Attached Files:

6. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    HOLY MACARONIS:waaaht: thems some danged nice fish there Bert Man O man:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "Thanks Vini"!
    :0a31:

I just hope we run into some for they friends up at the Delta Party (you know what I mean). :wink:
    :0a32:

Take it easy Buddy,

Bert & Phil

8. orchardhills

orchardhills New Member

State:
    CA
    Great fish Bert!

9. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Vivi that's a California halibut, it's range is from Magdalina Bay in Baja to almost Canada with their number being most common in the southern Ca. areas that have a broad continental shelf as they prefer shallow water and are even caught commonly by surf fishermen. they don't get as large as the Pacific Halibut that they share the northern part of their range with.
    California Halibut rarely get much over 60 lbs.
    That fish in the photo weighed in at 31 lbs on my scale and was caught just north of Malibu in about 60" of water approximately 1/2 mile offshore.
    It was on a day trip (4am- 4pm for about $40.) on board the Sunrise out of Channel Islands Harbor that I took my Grand daughter on. She loves to fish the salt water but hasn't learned the patience for fresh water yet.
    The reason it's white is the guy holding it started to fillet it before I got my camera out and the brown side was cut up and bloody so what you see is the bottom side of the fish. That's also the reason he's holding it instead of me.
    Pissed me off a little cause I'd told the deck hand that I wanted to shot the fish before they filleted it. After all that was my best 'but so far.
    I'm watching the numbers in the fish reports right now for the bite to pick up so I can go after a larger one I hope.

Attached Files:

10. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Here is the largest trout that I have caught.... From Irvine..... caught on power something.... 4 lb line (broke the net) ..... it was ready to break anyway.....notice the well rounded tail from being held in captivity as brood stock.... no record of any kind...

bayrunner ray

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
  12. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Damn, Red. How long ago was that pic taken? I can still see color in your beard and you look a few pounds on the lighter side.:lol:

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
  14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Those arent fish, theyre more like pigs with fins and gills! Thanks for sharing those awesome photos!!!

15. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey B.H.,
    You know that :worship: "You Are The Man" when it comes down to getting the Blue & Flathead Cats & Trout in Ca. waters.
    :confident:

Take it easy - Later,

Bert & Phil

16. vini

vini New Member

State:
    Fresno
    Braggin rights thread right here LOL...... nice fish everybody

And more to enter after this next weekend i'm sure:wink: