Pictures of new Pontoon Boat!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Katmaster Jr., Jan 20, 2007.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Just picked it up today, 19 and 1/2 feet long, with a 50hp 4-Stroke Mercury motor. It's a really nice boat! They didn't have the right rod holders, so I'm going to order them off the Bass pro website, probably start out with about 10 of them.

Can't wait to take it out for the first time, still have to break-in the motor and stuff, but first we have to get registration on the boat. There are no open bait shops in the whole area right now, Wal-Mart wouldn't happen to do it would they???

Here are some pictures, they are not too great, but I will be taking more when I add some stuff.

Attached Files:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Here's a couple more pictures....

Attached Files:

3. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nice rig, keep us posted on she does.

4. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Very Nice Zakk looks like you all are about to have many hours of enjoyment.

5. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    From what I can see, it looks like a real cool 'toon. Are you allowed to take pictures in the daylight..?:big_smile:

~~~~~~~~~~
    Hospitality: making your guests feel like they're at home, even if you wish they were.

6. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good luck with her! See you on the James? In VA you can get a temp. boat registration at wal-mart. It is good for 30 days.

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks, and I will keep y'all updated on how it does.

I got another Humminbird 525 fishfinder for it, they are not expensive and do a great job because that's what we have on our small boat. We got all of the required stuff of course. Two 30 pound anchors.

Only thing I wish we could get soon is a Trolling motor, but we just don't have the money to spend on one yet.

It's really more of a family boat than fishing boat, because we like our little 14ft Lund a lot for fishing, and the gas is better on the small boat. But, of course we will do a whole lot of catfishing out of the pontoon also, mostly in the Winter, and on rough days, and of course when we want to take other people fishing. Also plan on being guides in future years and we figure it will be perfect for that.

8. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Yes, I will be on the James River for sure, don't know when yet. Thanks for the info on the Reg. I just checked the NC website and it didn't have them listed as doing Vessel Reg. but I don't know if they would list them if they only do temporary registration.

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    My thoughts exactly! LOL! Nothin but the best to ya Zakk.

10. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    next to gas money im puttin back to buy myself my first boat right now. not gunna happen anytime to soon i reckon but i still want to get a fund started for when one comes up somewhere:big_smile: nice rig, itll look even better when its on the water:tounge_out:

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Nice Looking rig Have you given it a name yet?You canfish in style now .I like that conv.top .

12. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments! And John, I love the top too, it will be awesome in the summer.:cool2:

13. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Definately looks like a nice and well kept up, 'toon. If I had somethin' like that, I'd broadcast it over the internet, let alone post a few pics on here..:embarassed: Thanks for sharin', zakk.

-Red

14. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Ha ha, thanks Red. It's a brand new boat and motor. The boat is 2006, but the motor is 2004.

15. whiteelephant

whiteelephant New Member

State:
    florida
    You should get some good gas mileage out of that 4 stroke

16. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Good luck with the new rig Zakk. It looks great!
    Now go get some shad scales and slime on it....:0a22:

17. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    Great looking toon Zakk. Congrats. I know you will enjoy it a bunch.

18. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    :big_smile: Now you got room for me to go after some of those Gaston blues.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I have one just like it!!

Some advice. If it is a family boat, I would suggest getting some mats for the rear or from where you will be standing when you are fishing. You will really wear the carpet down in those areas and it helps with cat slim.

20. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Zakk, sure looks nice, I know how you feel... as I got a new boat back a couple of years....
    You'll have years of service from it.
    One question, is the trailer set up for loading in a cross wind... do you have things on the inside of the pontoons to positon it when comming in?

bayrunner ray