Pictures of my weekend trip - Lake Tawakoni, a lake east of Dallas Texas

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by loki1982, Apr 17, 2006.

1. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
  2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like yall had a nice day on the water.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Now that makes a fishing trip worth while. Thanks for sharing those memories with us.:big_smile:

4. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    Jared, sounds like a very good day of fishin'. :thumbsup: Tawakoni is my favorite lake to fish. From the bank or a jon boat, ya just can't beat it. We always have a real good night out there. The day bite is kinda tough for us sometimes.
    My buddy hit our spots out there this past weekend and did well also. From 8:30pm till 7:30am he caught 30 channels. Most were in the 2lb. range.

Thanks for sharing the picture and the story.

5. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    That looks like a nice mess of eatin fish there brother.
    I would like to go back out there sometime soon and have as good a day as that.
    Thanks for showing us that fine catch.

AL

6. TXBlueHunter

TXBlueHunter New Member

State:
    Flower Mound, Texas
    Nice load of cats there. Taw. is a great lake to fish year around. I grew up out there and my mom, dad, brother, uncles, & grandmother are all still out there. I hope to be out there in June for the week end. May be a few of us can get together and catch a mess.

Tim

7. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Great looking mess of fish. When's the fry? Would enjoy a day like that anyday myself.

8. Quackcephus

Quackcephus New Member

State:
    TX
    HAVE HUSH PUPPIES WILL TRAVEL :thumbsup:

9. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Ya knwo whats was strange, we cuaght all but oen of those during the day. We actually caught 5 of the cats and 2 of the bass in about 1 hour from around 6-7 pm. When dark came around we went to camp, grabbed a sandwhich, then went straight back to where we were, and didnt get a bite for another hour. After dark they just turned off.

We were fishing right outside the state park at the south park of the lake, by what looks like a power plant. 20-28 foot of water with the cats hitting shad about 4 foot under the surface.