Pictures of my 2007 season!!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by GETHOOKED, Nov 24, 2007.

1. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Just wanted to show the pictures of my 2007 animals. The Elk was from Canada, the buffalo Montana, the deer Missouri and kansas, javelina az early last year, mufolan sheep texas. looking forward to a brown bear hunt this spring in BC. Look out for the pics!:eek:oooh:

never saw this bowhunting forum here, love to start interacting with bowhunters, love the catfish side of this site!!:wink:

Attached Files:

2. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    more pics:eek:oooh:

Attached Files:

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Congratulations on your 2007 season! Some nice trophies there!

You shooting an Outback or Switchback?

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Awesome Matthew. Thanks for showing us the pics. How about some storys of the hunts.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    What Troy said how bout some stories that is some awsome stuff you have giong there thanks for sharing

6. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Thanks guys, I shoot a drenalin. pushed to around 76lbs. The elk was a two our stock thru what they call "coolies" just rolling hills for me, I was presented a shot at 68 yards, released and hit a little high. It took three more hours for the rage broadhead 2 blade to bleed him out. It was a pretty long shot, and the broadhead only took out the top of one lung, but with him active for almost 3hrs after the shot, he met his dimise. The buffalo wasnt the most challenging of hunts, once we found a shooter, we stalked him in pretty wide open country. It did take around 2 1/2 hrs before we could out flank him and set up where he came over the little ridge we he eventually died. It was a 38 yd shot, pass thru one arrow, (carbon express maxima hunter 350, tipped with the rage 2 blade), 20 yards later he fell down the hill to his death. The deer I am sitting with was pushing a doe up a ravine right to my tree stand. He had a spike in tail, got within 60 yrds, put the pin on the shoulder let it fly and over shot him!!!!!:eek:oooh: The spike ran off, the doe stomped, but no one knew where I was. I re-knocked an arrow, adjusted down to the base of his chest--exhaled and let it fly again. The rage hit true this time--dbl lung-- 25 yrds and dead deer. Next deer was earlier season, two days in, no luck. Decided to abandon the tree stand and still hunt. Worked river bottom very slow, took most of the day to work around 1 mile bottom, last 90 degree turn up hill I came out of thick pines, and there he was feeding away from me. 44 yrds is where I drew on him, held until he was quartering away and let her fly. Hit true and clean pass thru. 35-40 yrds and he was down too. Sheep hunt, typical exotic, push brush, flank, wait for him to walk by and stick em, 32 yrds. Rage 2 blade! Javelina was awsome, glass out these baron desert creek bottoms and wait until you find a herd or pack:confused2:, Made a 150 yrd stock, settled into a very thorny:eek:oooh:bush/tree sat there my pig came right by me 22 yrds, rage 2 blade clean pass thru, pig ran around 50 yds and settled down for his end. The funny thing about the pigs, they would not leave the dead ones alone. They would try to push, nose em up, and defend their dead partners for almost an hour. We were told not to push them to hard or they would retaliate very veciously, I will post a pic of the teeth!:eek:oooh:Would rather not be on the bad side of those!!! ALso there is a pic of what that rage 2 blade with a 2" cutting diameter did to that pig, this is the entry hole!!!!! NOw after cleaning that pig, it took three very good buck knives to finish that little pig off, there hair is soo tough, and to think how easily the rage went thru, I WILL NEVER SHOOT ANYTHING ELSE!!! COMPLETE pass thru on all of my animals, except the bad high shot on the elk. Never had a broadhead perform like that in 20 years of bowhunting!!!! Enjoy

Attached Files:

7. stinkbaitman

stinkbaitman New Member

State:
    south dakota
    daaaaang. thats a stinkin huge elk

8. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Matthew, great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. Looks like a dream season to me. Congratulations!

9. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    INCREIBLE ,season brother you are a hunting machine!

10. bnorth

bnorth New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You've been a busy guy, those look like some great hunts...I hope I someday get the opportunity to hunt for some of those animals. Congratulations.

I might have to look into those Rage heads, those are some impressive entry holes, not to mention a pass thru on a bison. Any reason why you prefer the 2-blade over the 3-blade?

11. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    I perfer the two head because of the diameter of the hole- it is 2", the three blade is only 1 1/2 or so. I get that with fixed blades. 2" is the biggest I have heard in broadheads. Check out the website, and scroll down to where you can see the video of how they open up, you will niever shot anything else!!!

Also, my guide told me he had never had a bison go down with a single arrow!:wink: So he was very impressed with the broadhead, and placement!:roll_eyes:

here is the web page, just cl;ick on this and then again on where it says watch video in action

http://www.ragebroadheads.com/rage2blade.html

12. fshnutz

fshnutz New Member

State:
    Sacramento California
    What a season! Thanks for the pics.
    Linz:wink:

13. Da Chummer

Da Chummer New Member

State:
    Arizona
    WOW!!!! Great job man. I wasn't aware you hunt so much. Thanks for the pics and stories. Looks like a awesome time.

14. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Great pictures! Thanks for sharing those. I don't bow hunt, but I sure admire anyone who does. Those are some awesome animals; love the buffalo!!

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    What a great year for ya. Thanks for sharing the pics and info.

16. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    looks like you have had a great season ,Thanks for the awsum pics.and congrats on your skills.

17. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    Chummer--that is all I do, hunt, fish, and dream of hunting and fishing.

18. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    what providence in canada did that elk come from?

19. GETHOOKED

GETHOOKED New Member

State:
    Arizona, Scott
    it was outside Regina, Saskathuan (sp)?

20. young fisher

young fisher New Member

State:
    Texas
    Those Are some nice ones.