Pictures from Atkins Landing 1/30/08

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shrimp Man, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    My wife and I were going to Moncks Corner today, I went by Atkins Landing, I know many of you have seen the lakes much more than I've had the chance to, I could'nt beleave what I was seeing, because I live in Charleston Atkins is the closest landing for me, I walked a little ways out on the lake bed, I was In total shock at what I was seeing.:waaaht: I did take some pictures, If they don't open for you I'll try again.

Attached Files:

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now that is scarey. Ya gotta wonder how much more this planet is gonna take before it takes a giant dump. Thanx for sharein.

3. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A few more pictures.

Attached Files:

4. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    Now there are some sad sites to see. Even with the pics or seeing it first hand, it's still hard to believe the water is that low. Pitiful.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Good pics, Eddie. Thanks for posting.

6. rookietocatfish

rookietocatfish New Member

State:
    south carolina
    that is just sad:sad2: I pray that GOD will send more rain so that the water levels will get back where they need to be.

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    What I'm wondering is how long will it take the lake to recover from this :sad2:

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    thats a sad site :sad2:

9. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    If I am oriented correctly ,having never been to Atkins, the 1st and 3rd pictures of the second set seem to be looking at Pinopolis point and the steam plant is visible way in the background?If thats true ,the next time you are there walk out to that big stump at the waters edge and see if my drift rig is still stuck in it.!!!!!!!:smile2:I agree that the picture is shocking but the silver lining is that now is a good time to recon and take a look at all those places formerly covered by water.Then when the water comes up you will be able to plan your attck better.Plus if vegetation starts growing before the water comes up it will provide cover and nutrients for a good while, aiding the fish populations.The lakes are holding this AM at 68.00 so lets hope we get some more rain quickly.:big_smile:

10. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I have heard that there was a meeting this week for concerned citizens of the Santee area and they were told it would take 2-4 years for the lake levels to come back with "normal" rain.

I hope this isn't true????

11. longbow310

longbow310 New Member

State:
    sc
    I have never seen a lake that low.

12. gryan0607

gryan0607 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    new to the web site.

13. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    That's just awful. I can't imagine. Our worst drought(several years ago) only had the local lake down to just above winter pool.

'Bout nothing you'all can do about it, so it's time to take those lemons and make lemonade!

Get out the cameras and the GPS, mark some spots. Then make, and set, some structure and do the same with it.

The water will be back, someday.......

14. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Great pictures. But that is bad, wish I could send you some of our rain.

15. WillyMan

WillyMan New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    :crazy: wow !! I sure hope things turn around soon.

16. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Jim,
    You are correct, Atkins landing is at Pinopolis.

17. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks for the great pics. I hope Atkins doesn't look like that next year.