Pictures for Veterans Day

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by olefin, Nov 11, 2006.

1. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Being Veterans Day, I wanted to share a few of the pictures we took recently in DC.

I have more of the Iwo Jima Memorial without the people in the foreground but I like this one better.

Attached Files:

2. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Arlington National Cemetery.

Changing of the guard.. that is something to see.

Attached Files:

3. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Never been there in person, thanks for sharing the pics. Thanks to the veterans who ensure that we can live our normal daily lives, and keep this great country free.

4. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    I lived there a couple years when I was in the Air Force stationed at the Pentagon. The WW2 memorial wasn't there then. Hoping to make it back one day to pay my respects.

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Great pics and thread, Dayton! Thanks for sharing.

Take care.
    Cheryl

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Many thanks for the photos, Dayton. I was a little girl when we visited DC, but I'd love to return to see it all up close.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I haven't had the privelege of visiting Washington in person either, but I'll get there one of these days!

Dayton, I think the picture of the Iwo Jima Memorial with the PEOPLE was the right choice......shows respect and reverence, IMO, and seeing that made me feel quite patriotic. Three cheers for the red, white, and blue! Thank you so much for sharing your photographs with us, it's appreciated. Hi Betty! :smile2:

To our outstanding American veterans (especially our brothers and sisters here on the BOC), I truly hope your designated day was as special as you are! The value of your service and contribution to this great country of ours cannot be measured, THANK YOU.