Picture Exaggerations

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Game_Of_Inches, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Game_Of_Inches

Game_Of_Inches New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Just sitting here looking a pictures of fish and was wondering how you feel about holding out your fish closer to the camera to make them look bigger. I have always held the fish really to close to my body but have seen tons of pictures of people holding their fish right up to the camera. Just wanted to get some opinions.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Be glad you have a fish to hold up for a picture. Some of us don"t. Ha.Ha. It really doesn't matter in our out.That is why they say scales don't lie. Trick photography.:lol::smile2:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    A 2D image rarely does a fish justice.
    Its one of those things where you had to be there.

4. STUMPKNOCKER

STUMPKNOCKER New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I got friends that do that with their deer pics to make them horns look bigger, u can usually tell when people are doing it, just like when they photoshop them.

5. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    most of the fish i catch are to heavy to hold up for long let alone out , but in my oppinion people do that to boost their own ego which is fine by me

6. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Heck, I love putting that fish closer to the camera so I can see every speck of detail I can. Whatever suits whoever is ok in my book. Pictures are always an individuals way of remembering his/her fish. The bigger to them the better.

7. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    If I held the fish close to me a 50# fish would look like a shrimp. HA HA I'm not the smallest color in the box!:lol:

8. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Most pictures offer a good profile but withhold any clue as to its girth or weight.

9. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The give-away is when their thumb is the size of their head.:lol:

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I couldn't agree more. That is why, to save any argument, I don't post pic's of all my big catfish. Yep, that's the reason.
    Thanks, I needed a reason and knew there was one out there, just hadn't thought of it till you brought it up.:big_smile:

11. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I always hold them close. I would feel foolish holding them close to the camera to make them look bigger than they are, but to each his own.

12. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Close, far out, sideways, upside down it dont matter mine all all small.:lol:

13. turtle1173

turtle1173 New Member

State:
    Mayfield, KY
    As a general rule, I don't take any pics of fish under 25lbs. Once they get much over that, it's harder to hold them any way other than close to you. Personally, however, I'm not too concerned with how people hold their fish for photos. What REALLY bothers me is people exaggerating the weight of their fish. If it weighs 29, call it 29. Don't call it 40!:crazy:

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    But I've lied so much, I don't remember the truth!

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I'm just glad to see people post pics!:smile2:There are so many reports posted without pics that I would be hard pressed to criticize someone who posted a pic but held the fish out. I think the only problem I would have is someone trying to claim a small fish is a big 'un by holding it close to the camera!:eek:oooh::roll_eyes:

16. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    If I decide to take pictures of my catch, I would have to hold them right up to the camera so you could see them? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

It doesn't bother me if they hold them out or close, I would rather see the fish then the guy (or woman) holding it?

Now, I don't like it when they alter the photo to make a 2 pound cat look like a 50 pound cat?:sad2:

Ken

17. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  18. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    I usually take pics myself so Im never in them:big_smile: Im to big to put myself in the pics anyway. My fish look small enough without any help:embarassed:

19. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Very nice fish, Mr T.

20. trad_archer

trad_archer New Member

State:
    Cook Springs, AL
    My fish are so small, I have to hold then close so folks can tell what kind it is!...shane