Pics of my .44 special

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by jerseycat9, Oct 2, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    My new home defense system. Its a Taurus .44 special used once. Paid $200 even for it from a friend. I thought I had gotten a good deal on it. I like the weight of the gun and not to much kick. Going to the range just as soon as I get off work for some more target shooting :big_smile:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I found those grips I was telling you about!

3. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Brother Terry;
    Congrats on your new revolver!:smile2:
    I'd like to make a couple of friendly suggestions.
    1. If your not used to shooting large bore, short barreled, revolvers I might suggest you work on your grip, both position on the revolver as well as strength.
    2. Start with LIGHT loads first until you get used to the idiosyncrasies of this particular handgun. If you hand-load it's even easier to start out with the light loads while finding out just what kind of "fodder" this particular revolver likes.
    Treat it with respect, keep it clean, practice as often as you can, and I am sure you will have years of good service!:big_smile:
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

4. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    NICE!!! You will really like it!!

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Very Nice!

Looks nice and clean. :wink:

I have a long barrel, that I had ruined by a gun smith by tapping the ventilated rib for an Aim Point. Gas vents up and blackens the Aim Point :sad2:

6. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Thanks for the tips hints and compliments gang:wink: Much appretiated

7. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I would hesitate to publicly advertise I had any weapons.You might just be making a shopping list for a thief or burglar.I would also be wary of saying how I purchased the weapons as you might be afoul of one of the many gun laws and come to the attention of the ATF boys ,who monitor popular outdoor websites to see if any illegal gun deals are going on.Better to ask for opinions of the weapon than declare ownership.You dont know if the weapon might appear on the "stolen database.I'm not paranoid at all but after my next door neighbor relieved me of the ownership burden for a SW model 41 and a 2000$ Browning shotgun I dont tell anyone what I have at least not publically.

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Well Jim I do appretiate the info and the gun is legit and on the up and up. And as far as thieves go I dont much worry about them with my safe and an adult being preasant and awake in the house 24/7 due to conflicting work shifts:wink: But that is good info and I will remember that. thanks Jim

9. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would hesitate to publicly advertise I had any weapons.You might just be making a shopping list for a thief or burglar.I would also be wary of saying how I purchased the weapons as you might be afoul of one of the many gun laws and come to the attention of the ATF boys ,who monitor popular outdoor websites to see if any illegal gun deals are going on.Better to ask for opinions of the weapon than declare ownership.You dont know if the weapon might appear on the "stolen database.I'm not paranoid at all but after my next door neighbor relieved me of the ownership burden for a SW model 41 and a 2000$ Browning shotgun I dont tell anyone what I have at least not publically.

Words of wisdom indeed!

10. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dean that is some excellent advice. It's better to be safe than sorry.

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Make sure ya wear ear protection, the difference between a few inches in barrell length can be quite painful, nice lookin gun, fun so shoot, but if ya don't reload, gonna be expensive

12. flatbottom

flatbottom New Member

State:
    Lamar, Arkansas
    It should make a fine personal protection weapon.

13. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    very nice ,good deal to !!!!!!!!!

14. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Looks like you got a pretty good deal

15. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Terry, nice looking gun!

I don't worry about thieves... they better worry if they come calling.

They hit us many years ago while we were on vacation. Local neighborhood kids knew we were gone for their sister was friends with our daughter. Besides my coin collection, they took 2 of my pistols but luckily I recovered both pistols. One was in the car when the cops got them. They threw out the other while the cops were chasing them. But it landed in a yard in the grass and wasn't damaged. It was a month or so before the people turned it in to the police. And if I hadn't been checking every few days with the police I wouldn't got the gun back... they didn't notify us.

16. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Charles Bronson would be proud. Nice piece. :wink:

17. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    My first pistol to use and carry at times was a wore out old BP Cap and ball.I was taught to load it so I could handle the recoil.I could not put a nipple on but one cylinder.This made it a single shot.The other cylinders were stuffed full and weighted with balls!The weight helped handle the recoil.I had to prop it on something to shoot it.Great way to start any kid.It kept me fed in the woods at times.Mostly with coons.I had to learn to wait and ambush at clubbing distances.It also made me appreciate a single shot .22 rifle and a single barrel shot gun.That was moving up in the world to RAPID FIRE!

I carried a 44 special in one make or another for most of my life.

18. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Sharp looking pistol that you have there, looks like a nice looking gun, it should be a good self protector, but I would keep it put up and hid where kids cant get into it.

19. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that's a slick looking rig right there! sounds like you got a good deal on it as well. so it's .44 special only, or can you interchange .44 mag in there? either way, both rounds are man stoppers from hell, if not a load of fun to shoot. i have been shooting my .44 mag lately, can't shoot that thing enough!

20. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Another thing about thieves, a guy had a 1000 lb safe full of guns stolen, and they also stole his car to do it. Hard to believe, but it does happen.