Pics of bear hunt

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by coorsdrifter, May 31, 2008.

1. coorsdrifter

coorsdrifter New Member

State:
    Eddyville,Ky

Attached Files:

2. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    Excellent pictures, congrats on a successful outing!

3. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Congrats, thanks for the pics.

4. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Gary on the bear! :cool2: Wow those are some awesome photos! Rep to you! :big_smile:

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    that bear has a good coat color, and some wicked claws as well! i can't wait to get me a bear.

6. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats and that is some fine camera work.

7. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Way to go on that great bear! And the pictures are really good, too. Where did the hunt take place?

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Gary thanks for sharing your pics of your bear hunt. Always wanted to try hunting bear while still young. Never did. Enjoyed the pics and congrats on fielding a nice one.

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hi Gary! Nice looking bear! Chocolate color phase? Where was the hunt? Weapon used? Weight of the bear? Like to hear some feedback on the details.
    I have 2 bears to my credit taken with stick and string. 300 and 340 lbs. respectively. taken in Manitoba, Canada. Bear hunting is a rush. If anybody is interested in going bear hunting, now is the time to do so before the prices skyrocket like everything else is.:big_smile::wink:

Mark..

10. coorsdrifter

coorsdrifter New Member

State:
    Eddyville,Ky
    I was hunting around North Fork,Id in the Salmon National Forest.Saw a **huge** black bear the 2nd night of the hunt,but by the time he came in it was way to dark to shoot.The 5th morning saw a decent bear but it was to far off to do anything with.the 6th night this one came in,it isn't the biggest bear in the world but,next to the last night of the hunt,decided to take it.125yd shot,with a 7mm rem mag,out of a ground blind.bang flop.:big_smile:Never got the weight of it,but I'm more than happy with it and will no doubt return next spring and try for round 2.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Thanks for the reply Gary. Size isn't everything, a bear is a bear. Trophy period! To me that's a beautiful animal and something to be proud of! I'm definently happy about the harvest of the 2 I have.:big_smile:

12. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    thanks for sharing.

Saw a bear about the same size while camping in Utah last weekend. He stood up on his hind legs looking at us and fell over. Was too funny.

Nice bear.