Pics of Bank Spot "X" !

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Dec 19, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    These are the pics I was talking about of the Bank Spot "X" on the Ohio River. There is a little park,playground,Gazebo and a Shelter house by it and plenty of level places to fish in the river,the creek entrance and on into the creek and the pooled area of the creek. The creek doesn't look to be too deep but you never know. It looks like a good area that doesn't seem to have that much fishing pressure. I think that fishing where the creek runs into the Ohio will be a good spot for Flatties.
    I've included several pics I took today. Let me know what you think about the better areas and baits/rigs to try there. I plan on trying several different ways but want your alls opinion.
    CRAB~~~ This is the place I told you about. We gotta get there soon!!! Everytime I've been there there has been noone but my buddies there. I included a pic of him...LOL
    Let me have some feedback and let me know your opinions. Sorry about all the pics but wanted to cover as much as possible.
    Thanks,
    John

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/?action=view&current=Misc2223323021.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/?action=view&current=NewRiverSpotX001.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/?action=view&current=NewRiverSpotX002.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/?action=view&current=NewRiverSpotX003.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/?action=view&current=NewRiverSpotX004.jpg

http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/?action=view&current=NewRiverSpotX006.jpg

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Looks nice John, I think you already said but is that the OH or WV side? Also is that at normal stage or is it high right there? I think the kids would have a blast there and if I make it down there to meet up with youall again could bring the fam.

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok John after seeing the pics I have a couple of sugestions.
    Take out the goofy guy :smile2:
    Put in more of Regina :wink::smile2::tounge_out:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Its on the KY side in Greenup. If you fish the main stem of the river your OH license is good. If you move up in the creek or the pool area you'd need a 1 day KY license.Hope that helps.
    In one of the pics you can see the leaves where the water was way up not long ago. It looks normal now but may also drop. The river up here is up but it looks pretty calm there for now.
    The kids would love it. It would be a blast!!! Even the shelter house to grill some food. I hope to fish it soon. Soon as I do,i'll let you know.
    The pool area looks to have lots of structure that looks like may hold channels and crappie. I'd say we'd do good on the Flatties out at the mouth.
    People with more experience can probably tell me where to target the big ones. I have ideas to try.

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    That goofy guy pic just may be my new avatar if I can shrink it right. I always have problems getting them to shrink and look right.
    Regina definitely makes the scenery look a LOT better!!!:cool2::wink::big_smile:

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    creeks are always fish attractors bud. if you get there after a rain and there is a mud line poking out into the river you better hold on! if its not far from the house you mite want to test it with a couple trot lines over a few nights too.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Tim! Its only about 10-15 minutes away from me. May try the trot line thing. Crab has a brand new one he won on here from EZ-Clip. I'd say he'd let me use it or go.
    Thanks for that info,thats exactly what i'm looking for. Any and all ideas and tips from you die-hard cat anglers that are great catmen.
    If you're ever down this way,i'd be glad to share some spots with ya!:wink::big_smile:

8. crab

crab New Member

State:
    Ironton,Ohio
    Crab says cool, You can use it anytime bro. Ill go down there with you Im gonna buy my Ky license this year anyway.:big_smile: After it warms up a little.:wink:

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Next day Regina is off I'm gonna hit it for sure with those skippies. As long as its not raining too bad or lightning I Gotta get down there and try it out!!! The pics don't do it justice,their just a guideline-sorta. It looks SWEET!!! Looks like no fishing pressure. Next day I can,I'm there...Hope you can come! I may end up going Christmas Day. :crazy:
    Been wanting to do that for years!!!!!:wink::big_smile:

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bumping back up for more to see and hopefully give tips and info...:wink::big_smile:

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bringing this back up. Hoping for any tips or advice on the spot...:wink:

12. wayne1967

wayne1967 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    +1. Try fishing the current brake were the river meets the mouth.

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    John - That looks like a great spot to hold a gathering! :big_smile: My question would be is there deep water nearby? I would think the spot could be a potential Flathead hotspot if the fish have a deep water hideaway closeby. Either way I would give a try. Might do good on Channel Cats there! Lets us know how you do!

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I'd say there is some pretty deep water nearby. May have to cast out farther into the river. It would be a nice place for a gathering, not sure if you can camp there or not but I can try to find a campground close by. I'll try to find out more and try to potentially hold a gathering there. Its a really nice spot by the looks. I can't wait to fish it!!!:wink::big_smile_2:

15. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    View attachment 34991

I resized this one with EMCO photo resizer and it is FREEWARE I found on www.tucows.com. Works great with a little practice.

16. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bumping this back up to the top...:wink::smile2: