Pic's of a lonesome hooter chick with a sad story

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by riverbud55, Apr 21, 2007.

1. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Got up this morning after driving down to my trailer last night on the Lower Colorado River on the AZ/CA border and took some pics of around camp and of the river for our up coming gathering here on the river

This little guy is the last chick to fly the coupe, I’m thinking it’s up to 2 weeks behind its other two siblings( check out the first thread “hooters on the river“http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45058. Last weekend we were down here the first left the nest and this last Tuesday the other made a go for it but this is the sad thing about the story, the lady next door to the camp here found the owl chick hung up in her kids swing set in the back yard with a broken wing . The people called animal control and they took it to a place that takes care of wild animals for a hopeful full recovery. These little guys have been so cool to watch this past spring. Still one to go ,haven’t seen or heard its parents this morning and just hoping it still getting taken care of by the adult owls

Attached Files:

2. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I hope the little guy makes a full recovery. Thanks for sharing the story and pics!

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's just precious, I hope it can fly away without getting injured. Thanks for sharing such sweet pictures!:lol:

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanx for the update.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Dale neat story and great pics. Thanks for sharing.:big_smile:

6. rednecksportsman511

rednecksportsman511 New Member

State:
    Birmingham, AL
    very cool story. nice pics.

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks for the story, reps to ya.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Cute little things aren't they. Hope they all make it ok. Thanks for sharing and Reps to ya.

9. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Awww, thank you Dale! I'll be pulling for that l'il straggler :smile2:. Enjoyed the pictures.

10. KATMANDETTE

KATMANDETTE New Member

State:
    Cedar Key, Florida
    I'm just a sucker for baby birds (or any other creatures for that matter).

Thanks for showing them.

Mik

11. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    wow.. when i saw this thread i thought "a sad chick that works at hooters?? this oughta be good" but then i saw it was a baby owl haha... wow the things a teenage boy thinks huh? haha

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i cant lie i was expecting some great hooters on a sad but very hot chick in uniform :lol: looked like a young screech owl

13. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    they were some great photos, thanks for sharing them with us and the lil messege as well.

14. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Brother Miller;
    Dale, "THANK YOU" for the great photos and story.
    REPS to ya for your efforts on behalf of a fellow creature of our planet that needed your help!:smile2:
    I will also put a "Prayer" with your name and forward it. Perhaps some small, but nice, thing will happen to you in the next couple of weeks or so. You will know when it happens. :smile2:
    "Thanks Again"
    Fraternally and Sincerely,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

15. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    well the littly guy is up and kinda flying, saw him in another tree near the nest last weekend