Pics from around Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jeffjbeard, Jul 9, 2007.

1. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Took a ride and took some pictures 1st one is Talley Bend the other 2 are of Sparrow Foot. Tthe Pomme and Grand arms are pretty clear of logs but any part of the Osage is overrun by logs at the mile long bridge there was a log jam from the west shore to the east loggs are just packing into the area around the dam. If you have to go on the water please be very very carefull. The corp has a contractor comeing in with barges to clear logs they are bringing in big barges.

Attached Files:

2. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Thank You Jeff. I Was down there in May of this year for the Gathering and the water was high then,but looks like you have Alot more now.It's been dry up here in Iowa this past month and we could use some rain and this morning it has just started raining,it's sorta feast famine it seems.Them folks down there inTexas Now that's another story some one needs to turn the tap OFF.Bad Deal!!! J.D.

3. Jnorman

Jnorman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was down below the dam last friday and they were releasing 54000 CFS (20,000 from the flood gates and 34000 throught the generators). That is the most water I have ever seen them release. It was a pretty awesome display of the power of water. Pretty slow fishing though, except for a nine pound hybrid.

4. jdunndmb

jdunndmb New Member

State:
    Kansas
    i'm heading down there later this afternoon, in a way i'm pretty excited to see how high the water is.

5. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    It is a site for sure does not even look like the same lake other then bluffs you will not see any of the rock shores just water all the way up into the trees

6. jdunndmb

jdunndmb New Member

State:
    Kansas
    the ramp and parking lot are open right?

7. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    here are some more pics down at the dam. 1st is all the logs around the intake the other is below water running the other is the sun coming up as I was fishing.

Attached Files:

8. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Holy Cripes! That tailwater is Smokin'

9. rocko

rocko New Member

State:
    missouri
    those are some nice pics. but ill take a raincheck on the white water rafting.

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    :crazy:that is amazing

11. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    thanks for posting the pics :big_smile: I am really interested in seeing the dams that are on the lakes through out the US:big_smile:.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks for the pics. That is some awesome stuff. Force of power by water. WOW.

13. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Here are some more pics the 1st one is a log over in Shawnee Bend at the 2nd shelter house before the beach area if you can go take a look at it. Taped it at 59 ft long 14 ft 5 in around. Can not even imagine what it could do to a boat. The 2nd one is from the visitor center.

Attached Files:

14. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I read somewhere that the logjam above the dam is something like 35 acres. That's huge...

15. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Thats what the corp is saying on there radio station on 1610 am. Sure would like to get a contract on some of the cleanup of the grounds thats for sure.

16. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

Man, that log is GIGANTIC!

Thats the stuff that gives you nightmares 'bout anchoring in the river.

How would you like that climbing up your anchor rope. Gurgle, gurgle, gurgle..........

That's why we all need an escape plan for different scenarios.:eek:oooh:

Perfect example.

Thanks Jeff

17. Awsome photo Jeff! Yup, that was once some kind of tree.
    And I gotta agree with you Darryl. That thing would be an anchored boats worst nite mare!
    I don't want NUTHIN' coming up my anchor rope! Had a big ol' Cotton Mouth try it once. Spooked me so bad that I sat facing the anchor rope for over a month. Still get shivers just thinkin about it. Cost me a new paddle too...
    So don'tcha be messing wid me guys... specially at night!!! MoFlats

18. SkipEye

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

LMAO, thinking about you sitting in the boat facing the anchor. Too Funny!:smile2: