Pics for Peewee

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Peewee,

I hope you enjoy the pics. I have a few to post now, but I still have to download the ones from the camcorder, so there are lots more. I hope they take you down memory lane and you enjoy them. Wish you could have been there!

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Here are a couple of the Beauty Spot, prior to going on thru the Unaka Mtns. They haven't mowed it this year, or a lot of the places I visited. Shame they haven't. The smog was so bad, the pictures don't even show all the mountains. I counted 8 or 9 ridges on top of Unaka from the rock range cliff there, but they won't show up too well in the pics.

I saw a lot of female deer up there, and a hawk followed me out, until I ran into a van and a truck that were headed up the mountain, then he left me. Grandma was driving the van, and flying up that gravel road............would have thought she was a teenager. Must have been in a hurry to have a picnic, cause she had a passel of kids with her and the man in the truck, did too. :eek:oooh::wink:

The laurels were beautiful and in some places they ran all the way up the ridges. There were ferns that were at least 3 feet tall up there. I saw a group of trees that the bears use to sharpen their nails on when I was in the Wilderness part. Awesome, solitary, and hard to find these days, the beauty of nature. Oh yeah, I got a picture of bigfoots foot print, too, that I will post in that thread, when I download the rest.

For now, I'm back to bathing some kittens, I have a lot of moolah in..........their mother didn't teach them anything. Guess she was threw with the trauma she went thru.

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl

3. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Very pretty pics Cheryl. Thanks for posting.:006:

4. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    There was no thank you for me to thank you with on the first post.You brought tears to my eyes(for real).I have been up there every month of the year.Each month it is like a new place.I love the Laurel thickets.If you can force your way in for one big step,the world disappears.Force your way for a 100 yards and you can hardly hear the traffic on the highway.Careful or you will die lost in them and no one will ever know where you lay.As for grandma and the van.She probably had to get a running start to get up the mountain.If she slowed down,she would have to coast back down back wards to the bottom and get another running start.I once saw a guy with a old Volkswagen up by the wire fence at the pasture get in such a fix.He got that far and could not get back up either hill to get out.We sure had a time watching him try.He finely gave up and accepted a tow to Indian Grave Gap.He did great all the way to the foot of rock creek where he stopped it in the back of a dump truck that was stopped for the light.He must have been going slow because he came out alright.A beautiful place with a old,old history of people and many terrible deeds.Many have picked it to kill and die at.Thanks for the pictures.Don;t forget my favorite one.I love you sister.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Peewee,

I'm glad you enjoyed them, but I didn't mean for you to tear up, unless it was tears of joy, bro.

I love the laurel thickets too, and the pics really don't do them justice, as you well know. I could have stepped away from this world and never came back. I really wanted to, but then Mom depends on me, so I couldn't right now.

I ended up coming out at Buladean after 6 hours in the mountains. What a memory, for years to come. Wish I could have gotten a pic of the hawk, but he was too smart for me, and every time I zoomed in on him, he flew off his branch on down the mountain.

The CFC falls is at the base of course, and was the only small waterfall I saw, while there. Due to the drought here, most of the streams are dried up or almost and hidden from the roadside.

I do wish the Beauty Spot had been mowed, but then we can't have everything can we? The Unaka Wilderness view had a mud puddle atop it and tadpoles about an inch long in it.

Anyway, here are a few more pics and hope you enjoy them. I finally got all 6398 of them downloaded and erased from my hard drive on the camcorder around 3AM, this morning. It was an operator error............:wink:

Love and hugs,
    Cheryl

6. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Peewee,

Here are a few more. I'm off to fry, bake, bbq, and boil 5 lbs. of chicken! Mom will be in chicken heaven, LOL.

The signature picture in my posts are the Unaka mountains with geese flying in, too. But I guess you knew that?

Take care and God bless,
    Cheryl

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    The Wilderness in the Unaka mountains.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Last ones for now.

9. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Cheryl, Thanks for the picture posts..... More beautiful places that I have not seen ...... (yet)

Hope the back is better.... bayrunner ray

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great pics, thanks for sharing.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks all..................Ray, where you been? Missed seeing you around. Hope all is well with you and yours. Post us some more great pics of yours.

It was eerie being up there in the Wilderness at times, but quiet and peaceful , except for the birds. There were several birds that had calls, I didn't recognize and could never locate for a species.

It was a beautiful, warm 90's day below, but around 75 up there. The closer I got to the bottom, the muggier it got, and the sounds of people came back, as the cars and mowers sounded off in the nearby distance. It was a wonderful day of much needed solitude and reflection.

Take care.
    Cheryl

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's JUST what I need, I'm jealous :tounge_out:......75, solitude and reflection. Thanks for the pics sis, if I can't get there myself right now, at least you're nice enough to share with us. You take care too!

13. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Chery I want to say thanks for all the pics the were grate as all ways.:big_smile_2:

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Ernest,

Welcome home! Glad to see you! My neighbor's mom and dad moved to Gastonia, and I asked them if they had met you. They haven't been over there quite a year,, yet, I don't think. He is a preacher over there, now. Silly me, don't even know their last names, though. :eek:oooh:

Thanks for looking and be sure and post us some of the great things you used to, a few months back. Hope all is well.

Take care.
    Cheryl

15. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Cheryl,
    You live in a beautiful place. Wonderful pictures, Thanks for sharing them...W

16. duxsrus

duxsrus New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Wow, now those are cool Cheryl. I like them.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Tanya,

Wish you could have been there. It was the quietest day I've had in months. Other than the birds and the tires on the gravel, going about 5mph, thru most of it.

Winston,

It's actually a community about 30-40 mins. from where I live. Quaint little town, nice people, a step back in time, type of place. The mountains here are nice too, but there seems to be more waterfalls there.

Dave,

The pictures don't do justice to the scenery there.

Take care all,
    Cheryl

18. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    I just love this pic!!!its of my 7yr with his first cat one his new RNR!!!

[​IMG]

19. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Cheryl, Thank you for some great pictures, you are fortunate to live where nature is so abundant.it is bound to create a kindred spirit.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Peewee,

Did you ever visit the Bell Cemetery in Limestone? I took some pics of the historical markers there.

Just wondering.
    Cheryl