Pickwick today

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by ShilohRed, Aug 4, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Not a great day today and not a bad day.
    Fished down river from Pickwick dam. and in 3 hours had 20 fish. Biggest was 10 lbs and 5 more above 5 lbs each. Rest good eating size fish. And one boat below use had one that looked to go around 30+ lbs it was a blue.
    Also we had one flathead.
    All fish were caught on worms. As we were fishing for smoking size fish. And each day there's a blue caught at Shiloh that will go 20+ on worms about each morning.
    Was controlled drifting and fish were biting light.
    Pete

2. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pete, at least you got to get out on the water and have some fun. That is a nice haul on the eatin fish.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    My stomach's growlin' at the thought of fried catfish. :002:

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, sounds like a good day on the water

5. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I got out below Pickwick yesterday with my father. We were in search of bigger fish. Dad caught a 20 and a 14 both blues. The little ones were everywhere that morning probably could have down sized and had a good meal in no time.

6. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    good report there Pete glad to see you catching some fish. What I didn't hear was when are we eating those "smoking size fish"?:smile2:

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Well I hope the 4th Sunday, But that all depends on how next week goes.:sad2:
    Yes the smaller fish are wearing it out right now. And the bigger fish will only get better the next 6 weeks.
    I was planning on going yesterday. But after some test on my heart Friday. And the Tech telling me if it was him. He would not go, I stayed home. And waiting on the heart doctor to call tomorrow.
    I'm so dumb I failed my stress test. And thought I had read the cheat cheat on it.
    Today was 10 lbs of Smoked Ribs. They were gone in a flash at church for lunch. LOL Would love to have a big catch of catfish and hush puppy's . If i am able toward the end of the month. I will be cooking for between 250 and 300. Fixing up 5 gallons of hush puppy's.
    Pete

8. rwilley3

rwilley3 New Member

State:
    Brighton, Tenne
    Hope everything turns out okay with you heart. I will be praying for you.

9. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Pete I too will say a prayer for you. Hope everything goes OK.