Pickwick/Tennessee River Info

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by ronnycl, Jun 25, 2006.

1. ronnycl

ronnycl Member

State:
    NW/MS
    Anyone had any luck around Pickwick... I have been the past three times without a catfish. At this point I would love to catch any size catfish. I have tried below the dam and the main lake... any suggestions?

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Caught 7 while crappie fishing Friday . They were in 30ft of water in Yellow creek, Off a point that drops off into the creek channel. Along the island there on the west side of the island from the cut. using minnows.
    If my body will let me. I may head back in the am. And take some worms this trip. The 7 came from the same brush pile. and all with the minnows held about 5 ft off bottom.
    Pete

3. ronnycl

ronnycl Member

State:
    NW/MS
    thanks for the info..tried them in yellow creek on sat evening with live crawfish and worms...no luck in 15-25 ft of water. I had large minnows but thet all died before I got to the water. Will try again next friday pm.

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    If it were me, I would try worms or cut the minnow up. Also was using spinning Riggs and 6 lb test line. And number 1 hooks.
    Pete

5. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    pete is that all you can catch is bate you an bam starting a bate shop.

6. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Yeah we are starting a bait shop, and we gonna get rich.LOL

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    i fish, Not for only one fish, But fish. So there for I fish. LOL What ever is bitting is what I catch. Or should I say try to catch.
    Enjoy crappie fishing, And its not near as hard on my back as cat fishing. And also easy to take the kids and grandkids fishing.

But just wait, Buck and I will sure take over the bait market.LOL And everyone that buys bait will have to buy it off us. HAHAH And skipjack will be $4 each, And bream $3.709, Crappie 10+" is $4.92 and then for the guys that just have to have the best bait around. 5 lb bass are $2399.66 But then again if your after that once in a lifetime blue or flathead its worth it. Also we offer a money back refund on the bass. If you do not feel a fish on the line as soon as you drop it in LOL

Pete

8. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    dose that mean we get free bate at the nationial if we act like kids if so im a lock for some skipjack thanks guys see you in september.

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

From were you put in for that Tournament to the water i fish is over 50 miles. Lot of water between there.
    Bait as hard as its getting to find here is going to be high. LOL Most times it easy to get there.
    Pete

10. p_strouth

p_strouth New Member

State:
    Louisville Tn
    Does anyone know where I can catch antbait on Pickwick? I am coming down there on Thurs or Friday and would like headstart on finding bait. thanks paul

11. ronnycl

ronnycl Member

State:
    NW/MS
    As of last week the gizzard shad were plentiful just below the dam...only size I could catch were 2-3 inches