Pickwick Sept 2 2008

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by ShilohRed, Sep 5, 2008.

1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Took 2 guys from church fishing Tuesday. We left here at 6 am was on the water by 6:20 am. Looking for fish on the depthfinder for an hour. Waiting on the current to pick up. Wind was blowing around 15 to 20 MPH and gusting.
    Found the fish and put the trolling motor down. Started drifting bait was worms and skipjack and shad guts.
    One small fish on worms. Not a bite on the skipjack. Shad guts was the bait of the day. In less then an hour I put 17 fish in the boat. 16 blues and a 10 lb channel. Nothing big guessing they would average between 3 and 5 lbs.
    One of the guys with me caught 3 smaller fish, And the other one caught 1 fish.
    I just quite fishing tiring to get them to catching more fish. Fished unit 11 Am and called it off. I was dead and ready to go in. They were tird of not catching fish.
    I hate it when others does not catch fish. But I did all that I could do for them. I think I could have caught a few hundred pounds of fish easy that day. Man they were biting great.
    Should be biting better by the gathering.
    Pete

2. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    should have carried me im use to fishing all day with no fish lol :eek:oooh:

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Shoot that is not fun to not cat fish. LOL
    Pete