Pickwick Info

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Lakeview, May 12, 2006.

1. Lakeview

Lakeview New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am new member and new to serious catfishing. I was planning a trip to pickwick near the end of May. I told a friend about this and they said I should try for catfish. I started studying the subject and am now totally obsessed. I bought a couple of books and have been searching for as much info as I can find. I will be staying at the Inn at pickwick landing. I have heard that I can catch blue cats on the opposite side of the lake by drift fishing. Can anyone give me more info on this? What kind of bait works best, how deep, and where to fish? Should I use a bobber? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help!

2. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    We got a couple of members that live within spittin distance of the dam. Some fair to good fishing down there. Right now Shilohred is camping at the campground below the dam. When he gets back on here, I'm sure he'll fill you in on lot's of good info.

3. Lakeview

Lakeview New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks whistler! It was Shilored that first planted this catfish thing in my head. I was on a crappie sight and asked about pickwick and he suggested catfish. I then talked to a friend that fishes there a little and he had heard great things about catfish at pickwick. It sounds like a lot of fun and can't wait to try it. Glad to be aboard and am looking frward to learning from you guys.

4. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    First of all Matt, welcome to the BOC, glad you found us! Well, Whistler beat me to it, but I was gonna tell you to contact Shilohred, he's a member of the BOC and lives in the area and fishes it often. He can definately hook you up with some tips and locations for fish.

I'm assuming you live close to Pickwick or at least in the West,Tn. area, right? Me and Whistler both live in Dickson Co. in Middle Tn. Good luck to you!

5. bmaultbay

bmaultbay New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    welcome to the BOC. you cam to the right place to ask all your questions. you should have saved your money on the books. there is more knowledge here than has ever been put to paper. let us know how your fishing trip goes.

6. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Welcome to the BOC. Not from your area but am sure you will get the answers to your questions and a lot of good information here.

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    First off, Sorry for not seeing this early. But with camping and stuff, I think I'm behind on here.
    What are you looking to catch? Size of fish?
    If you would like to catch a lot of channels, they should be in the tree tops the next few weeks. So fish close to the bank near lay downs. Most of the time there on sand bars. Outside bends are best. Or down river at the island. Diamond Island has lots of lay downs and should be full of channels spawning.
    Bait for them livers, Shad guts or worms will do.

Now for blues Start looking at the first pipe line down river. Look around the river buoy the red one. Theres a hole below it and then out in the river theres one also. They should be some in there. Then go down to the next pipe line looking for the deeper holes.
    Then around the deep water at Shiloh.. Shad guts or rooster livers. Red worms for smaller fish.And skip jack for bigger fish.

But I guess first let me know what your after and will you fish the lake or the river?

Pete