Pickwick Dam

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by DemolitionMan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    Any suggestions for fishing the Pickwick dam/rez???? I'm off the wk of the 4th of July....I know, to many people, but that's when I'm off.....I guess I'll drive up and back from Tupelo.....Dwight

2. redticrunner

redticrunner New Member

State:
    Mississippi
    ill be off july 3-11 for the holidays too, maybe me, my wife (punkin570) and you can meet up at pickwick and do some fishin. its good to see another mississippi member.

3. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    At the spring gathering, we did well on channels for a couple of miles below the launching ramp; after that, it was mostly blues. All fish caught on skipjack. We didn't do any flathead fishing, but we sure saw some good looking places.

4. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fished the tn yesterday about 2 miles or so below pickwick not even a bite. I saw one guy catch a blue but later at the ramp the fellow said it took 6hrs to catch that one. I havent talked to anyone that has a decent day fishing around picwick. I hope you have a big boat and maybe some sea sickness pills. The lake is rough when all those boats are out there. Good luck to you and let us know if you do any good.

5. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Right now the fish are about 15+ miles below the dam.
    AS for the 4th weekend. If theres no current. Best bet is Kroger's..
    If it were me I would fish at night. Sure not during the day time.
    Pete

6. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    ShilohRed,

Yeah, for sure...It's gettin to hot to be fishin in the daytime...I'm a truckdriver and I can't stand the heat....lol....

redticrunner,

Man I hope you ain't talkin about Red Tick coondogs....LOL....Yeah, me and punkin have been doing a little PM work on a trip to pickwick....I'm going up there the wk of the fourth, provided I got someone to stay with Mother.....Badkarma has invited me to fish his water's also....I got to call him and see what's up.....

jtrew,

I'm lookin forward to meeting you all at the fall gathering at pickwick...I hope their still talkin that one up.....Skipjack is all I wanna fish for anyway till I get enough bait to do me.....Which ain't a whole lot....lol.....Thanks for all the info....Dwight