Pickwick Classic 12 fish 504#'s

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by huntduck, Oct 14, 2006.

1. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's right 12 fish just over 504 pounds.That's a 42# average.Sorry,I forgot the teams name but they were from OHIO.
    Just thought I would share a few photo's.Well worth the trip to see
    a limit of this size.

Attached Files:

2. Stumpknocker2

Stumpknocker2 New Member

State:
    NW FL
    Thanks for the post, and the pics. Thats a pretty stong weigh in.

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I was told that they had a limit (7 per day 14 fish) each day. And the there best fish today was 78 lbs 8 oz and the next one some other team had was 78 lbs 4 oz.
    That was from a buddy that was working the weigh in.

Thanks for the pictures. Also that was 11,000 lbs of fish in 2 days now that is some fishing.
    Pete

4. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    That is correct weights on the big fish.But I do believe they only weighed in 5 fish today.

5. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    congrates to them. now why is there not any post about them fish being in those two rivers/lakes from the boc memebers? not being smart but i havent even seen a post on the boc about a big fish coming from either one of the two. is there not many memebers from alabama? i just thought maybe it was hush hush thing for this tourney or something. just wondering

6. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Those are some nice cats.

7. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Our state record and former world record came from this river system. I forget which lake either Wheeler or Wilson.It was 111 pounds,caught a few years back.

8. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    ..............wow, I mean wow.....................

9. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    hey our very own roundhill was in 3rd on the first day of fishing with 226lbs. dont know where he finished yet.

10. huntduck

huntduck New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Adkins and Doles caught 12 blue catfish weighing 504.75 pounds during two days to win the Cabela's King Kat Classic fishing tournament on Pickwick and Wilson lakes.

"We had heard a lot about the big catfish in Pickwick Lake before we got here. It definitely lived up to its reputation," Adkins said

11. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    thanks for sharing the pics an info

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn

Sorry I was wrong on the total fish. And it was 5 fish. And can you believe one fish only weighed around 2 lbs. man that is a bunch of big fish.

They can sure say that there the record holder of the most fish caught in that tournament for one day. 301 lbs Friday.
    Pete

13. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    i could die a happy man for one day like that....:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Cabela’s King Kat Anglers shatter all time records
    Today on day 1 of the Cabela’s King Kat Classic held on Pickwick/Wilson Lakes at Sheffield, Alabama anglers shattered all times records with the first place team weighing in 7 catfish weighing a total of 301.65 pounds. As Greg Adkins and Scott Dole of Chillicothe, Ohio came to the weigh in scales at 10:30 am they knew they would had the lead, but little did they know what a massive achievement they had accomplished.
    In second place is the team of John Jamison of Spring Hill, Kansas and Mark Thompson of Williamsburg, Kansas with an overwhelming weight of 259.10
    Holding on to third is Ron and Michelle Howard of Kings Mountain, NC with a weight of 226.45 pounds.
    Mark Farrow of Meredosia, IL and Tyson Stinebaker of Griggsville, IL are in fourth place with 224.95 pounds.
    Rounding out the top five was Bob Reed of Warsaw, MO and Jerry Kropff of Afton, OK weighing in 200.00 pound.
    Big fish on the first day was captured by Wayne Loftin of Richmond, MO and Jon Young of Fayette, MO with a 68.70 pound blue catfish. Many of the anglers still feel the big fish of the event will be a 75-80 pound fish and tomorrow the second and final day of the event will tell.
    In all the 126 teams fishing the event weighed in near 8000 pounds of fish. That’s a total of 4 ton of catfish. Will tomorrow bring much the same for these anglers and will the leaders hold onto their leads? Be on hand at the Riverfront Park in Sheffield, Alabama tomorrow for the answer. Not only will the top 2 teams be rewarded with new Polar-Craft boat rigs, but spectators will have the opportunity to receive prizes as well. Anglers in the event must stop fishing by 3:00PM and must be in the weigh in line by 4:00pm.
    NATIONAL SPONSORS:

Day 2 of the Cabela's King Kat CLassic brought excitement as anglers weighed in a 2 day total of near 12,000 pound of fish. To the best of our knowledge it is the biggest freshwater weigh in to date.
    Holding on to first place was the Chillicothe, Ohio team of Greg Adkins and Scott Dole with a total weight of 504.75 pounds in 12 fish. Greg and Scott also had big fish of the event with a 76.85 pound blue cat.
    Second place was the team of John Jamison of Spring Hill, Kansas and Mark Thompson of Williamsburg, Kansas with 490.75.

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Very nice fish, thanks for the post and pic.

16. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
  17. idolg

idolg New Member

State:
    Colfax, NC
    N i i i i i i ce Fish! Thanks for the pics.

18. KatKaller

KatKaller New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was there too this past week. Thursday before the tournament there was a 121lb caught which would have been a state record but was released. There were some crazy weights posted by some guys.

19. MikeYoungs

MikeYoungs New Member

State:
    La.
    Wow, thanks for the pictures. I'm jelous!

20. catman849

catman849 New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was fishing at Pickwick the day of this tournament. I wasn't entered into the tournament I was just fishing for fun. I don't know if it was one of the contestants in the contest or not but someone stole a fish of mine of a jug and stuck the hook back into it. Can't say I'm too angry though mabye it was a big fish who knows it may have been taken by someone who didn't even win. It was probably a big fish though that one of the contestants spotted because none of my other jugs had stolen fish and I caught 15 fish minus the one that was most likely stolen. I only saw one other boat on the water that day and he did look like he was entered into the contest. The only think I can say for sure is that I would have liked to see the fish that was taken off the jug and hopefully the fish wasn't illegally entered into the contest.