Pickled pigs feet

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by Katfish Kern, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Does anyone here like pigs feet?? And does anyone have any recipes for making some homemade ones? I had some at my folks house back in the Carolinas, and they were great.

2. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    I love them. What's even better is pickled pig knuckles that you buy in the jar like the pigs feet down here. They have lean meat on them.

I have never know anyone to prepare their own.

3. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
  4. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    It's about 100 miles west of here near Greenville. I know two fellows from Woodruff--one here in Lancaster and one in Lexington.

5. Katfish Kern

Katfish Kern New Member

State:
    Florida
    Thats where I grew up. It's a great place. To bad Greenville and Spartanburg are breathin down it's neck now

6. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Many rural areas are changing. Charlotte has spilled over into Lancaster County.

7. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I buy pickled pigs feet in the huge jars. The wife loves them but makes me buy them. She is ashamed to buy them:smile2:
    Aint no diiferent then buying chittlins to me.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    LOVE THEM!!!!!! Get mine from a little mom and pop grocer over our way, the link is interesting, my grand pop used to make them his self when he made his horse radish and kraut but unfortunately that recipe is long gone...... was never put to paper that I can remember, sure would love to have it though

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Man I love them also, havent had them in years.

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    How about pickled eggs and beer?
    The methane byproduct is horrendous.:big_smile:

11. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

Ihavn't tried pickled pigs feet ,Mark, But I know you're right about the pickled eggs an beer:wink:My two favorite snaks togather ,but I can't live with me after :smile2:I make my own with our banty eggs,after boiling them I soak in pure vinagar for a day in the fridge to dissolve the shells ,that way I have perfect eggs ,then pickle them.

12. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I love pickled pigs feet and hocks. Every time I open a tube of clear silicone it makes me hungry for them! lol
    No kidding, soak in vinegar. I'm going to try that. You know that the fresher the egg the harder it is to peel. Get a dozen or so a couple of weeks ahead then boil and cool, the shell will come right off.:wink:

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    never ate one. looked pretty gross. but now im older and more spontainous. probably would if someone had one here.:wink:

14. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Jer, a little Franks and a sleeve of saltines and you wouldn't stop knaw'n till the jar was empty :wink:

15. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    I'll be sure and have some at Catstock if I run into ya there this year........This thread is killing me, nothing here but pork skins and hot sauce, I may have to run to the store here pretty quick!

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I was painting all day. That silicone smell was familiar just didnt know why. Thought it was my feet! :smile2:

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ill be there.:wink: trade ya for some BBQ rabbit.:big_smile:

18. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    Now Mark, you evidently have never tasted both as there's a world of difference. Beer and pig feet are hard to beat. Chitlins taste like you know what!

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    only reason i never ate one (or chitlins) is because after it leaves the chitlins they step it it.:0a30:

only thing worse than poo. it dirty poo.:smile2: mix that with feet. man. not even viniger can kill that thought.