Picking up my boat next weekend!!

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by glenc, Jul 6, 2006.

1. glenc

glenc New Member

I don't know if I told ya'll or not but for the last 6 months I have been eye balling a very nice 16.5 deep V alum boat with a 50 hp johnson. The guy was asking $1000 for it. With buying the new house and all it was hard going saving any money. I had about $400 saved up. Then a few weeks ago my wife got a bonus at work. One morning as I was getting ready for work she walked in the bathroom and handed me $600 and said happy fathers day.....Woo whoo!!. So anyways. After work I went straight over to the guys house to check things out. Sadly he was out of town. Getting to the point once I finally got ahold of him he said before I bought it he wanted to take it out on the lake and make sure the motor was in good shape (has not ran for a little over a year) and all tuned up. He is finally getting around to it this up commng weekend and the following weekend I will take possesion of it.

I can not wait. It is not the biggest or the best boat out there. But it is perfect for a starter boat and for the type of fishing I want to do. With a 50hp it should have enought go to even pull my kids around on a tube. My wife is the greatest :-D
  2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Congrats on the new boat. Even the fanciest boat don't always catch fish. I should know mines about to fall apart but it floats and fishes and never left me stranded. Well delayed but not stranded.

3. sds888

sds888 New Member

Townville, South Carolina
    Congrats on the boat. Hopefully in about 5 or 6 months I will be saying the same.
  4. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

Yellow Spr
    Thats great congrats, Getting a boat is a good feeling...My grandpa always said..The 2 happiest days in a mans life is when he gets his boat, and when he gets rid of it..LOL
  5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

GC, OHIO
    Congrats brother, that is definatly one nice fathers day gift.
  6. breadboy

breadboy New Member

North Carolina
    congrats man, i know how it feels, I just got one yesterday :big_smile: . I think the deep vee will do a good job cuttin the chop, good luck.