Picked up my new Seaark boat today!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Just a plain Jane MV 1648 and a 4 stroke Suzuki 30 hp tiller steer. No bells, no whistles. Everything else that is added to it will be exactly what I want/need for "THE ULTIMATE CATFISHING JON BOAT!"

2. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Congratulations on the new boat. Make it like you want it. SeaArk is a good boat.

3. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    congratz cant wait to see a picture have you named her yet.

4. Ictalurus Punctatus

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Haven't decide on a name yet. I was thinking of "Ictalurus". At this point I just thinking of a good location for my depthfinder/gps. Of course "Sea Aardvark" keeps coming to mind too.

Jon

5. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Congrats, let us know when you get that new smell out of it. Also, if this is your first new boat/motor ... pay attention to what it says about breaking the motor in right. Hope it gives you many years of slimed filled fun.

6. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Congrats - now PICTURES!!!!!!

7. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Congratulations on the new boat Jon, it's a lot of fun rigging a new boat.

8. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Congrats on your new boat. I wish you many years of fun with it. :big_smile:

Be safe & post some pics:wink:

9. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Congrats on the boat Jon! You will enjoy rigging her out and then taking her out on the water.

I am with the rest of the BOC Family, share pics of her as you go. :smile2:

10. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Way to go.
    And I know you will have fun filled days in it. Also that is a great size boat.
    And I know you will love the motor also.
    Pete

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congrats! I am contemplating a Plain-Jane setup as well.

12. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Youre only missing one thing in that boat......... A good coating of catfish slime!:smile2: Congrats on your new boat. Cant wait to see the pics of the boat and the cats.

Kenny

13. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    congrats on the new boat and a big welcome to the BOC, show us some pics.

14. rcneman

rcneman New Member

State:
    TN
    grats on the addition to your fishin gear. I'm sure your very excited!

i wish you many safe and successful fishin trips in your new toy!

15. Lngbo

Lngbo New Member

State:
    Marion Ark
    Congrats on the new boat. I have a Sea Ark McCrappie rig and it is a great little platform. Is a nice ride and does well on the Mississippi River Too.

16. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I wanna see, I wanna see....I want one!
    :smile2:

17. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Congrats Jon, on the new boat and welcome to the BOC!

18. Ictalurus Punctatus

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Thank you all for your congratulations! I just got back from Jordan Lake, where I took the Aardvark out on her maiden voyage. I wanted to get started on breaking in the new motor. I was so suprised by how quiet that 4 stroke is! People told me that you can't hear them running at an idle, and doggone if they weren't right! The only way I knew it was running was by the little pee stream of water shooting out of the back of the motor. The little 30 hp had plenty of power for that 16' hull even at no more than half throttle (I still have to run it for about 8 more hrs before I can open it up all the way) it had no problems plaining out, even with me by myself in the stern.

The hull was amazingly stable. We had a somewhat breezy day today. Winds were 10-20 mph, and there was a fair amount of boat traffic about. Yet standing up in the boat to throw a casting net, or moving around was not a problem.

I still have much to do to the Aardvark, but all and all I'm very happy with my purchace. No buyer's remorse here :smile2: . Next on the list is definitely going to be navigation lights, some more rod holders, and finding a way to mount my gps antena. I've got 4 driftmaster type on it already, but I think I'm going to get a couple of Scotty rod holders to see if I like them any better. If anyone has any opinions I'd love to hear them.

By popular demand, here are a few pictures. I appologize for the quality ahead of time, I was dark though. I will be posting more as I invest more elbow grease into this little project.

Thanks again,

Jon

Attached Files:

19. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jon congrats on the new Sea Ark and thanks for sharing the pics. Glad you had a successful maiden voyage. I hope you enjoy rigging it just the way YOU want it.:cool2: :big_smile:

20. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Jon, congrats on the new boat.