Picked a few today

Discussion in 'Garden Tips And Talk' started by ladyfish50, Jul 26, 2009.

1. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Well, between rain showers today, I picked a good-sized flower pot full of banana peppers, jalapenoes, some cherry tomatoes & a few regular tomatoes. My tomatoes have been slow coming on because I got them planted so late, but they're starting to make. There were 66 banana peppers & 20 jalapenoes. I've already picked probably 100 banana peppers here & there, & about 20 jalapenoes. I've got about 6 banana pepper plants, but only a couple of jalapeno plants.

Attached Files:

2. boombalaty

boombalaty New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Woo hoo time to make up some salsa!!:wink:

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    More power to you, my green thumb is blue!!!:smile2: Really nice looking harvest.

4. Canadiancatman

Canadiancatman New Member

State:
    Manitoba Canada
    Those look real nice Roxie!! :big_smile: My tomatoes are aways away yet :smile2: That going to be a batch of salsa? :cool2:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice lookin harvest Roxy. I'm getting a few peppers and my maters are lookin great bloomin ,just aint getting any fruit yet.:sad2:

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    No, no salsa yet, but it probably won't be long. I took a big bag to work, as did my husband. We kept some of the bigger banana peppers, & I want to try stuffing them, kinda like bell peppers. I'll let ya know how they turn out.
    We're in a rainy pattern here right now; rained most of yesterday, & has sprinkled most of today.
    Oh, tonight I made spaghetti, & in the sauce I used some of those peppers as well as a few of my fresh tomatoes; man it was good!:wink:

7. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Wow good looking produce.

My mator plants just have not been producing:sad2: I just do not know what is going on, the plants are over 5 foot tall but no mators:confused2:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    You know how to make one hungry. The harvest is looking good. Makes me miss gardening and the fresh taste of vegatables.

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Lookin good Rox. My maters are just now comin off to. Late year for me also.

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Your not holding your mouth right. I got 4 plants and maters comin out my ears. We don't live that far apart!! You need some holler. Sent a box with mama to work today!!:wink:

11. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    I think that I planted mine too late. Here come mid september if the weather holds, I will be elbow deep in em.

But if not I might have to take you up on the offer:big_smile:

12. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Nice looking fruit there,,Its going to taste goooood:wink:

The stuffing of the peppers, I have thought of that as well, I think it might be pretty good.