Pickaway County Scioto River results

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by crazyyj94, Aug 25, 2009.

1. crazyyj94

crazyyj94 New Member

State:
    Ashville ohio
    My father in law and I went to the scioto river south of Franklin County last night. I caught one head and one 9 lb. Blue cat but my father law said there are no blue cats in ohio. The head was about 37" and I think about low end was 10lbs. My father in law had a great run but the fish took him under a tree. I was told that you could not catch heads from the shoreline so I have learned if you try anything is possible. So next time I will be better prepared with more bait. :big_smile:

2. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    welcome to the B.O.C. james...there are blues in the ohio river, but your not going to catch any blues out of the scioto unless your fishing close to the mouth where it goes into the ohio river, but hey if your catching big flats up your way congrats bro...good luck to ya and keep them lines tight :wink:

3. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Welcome to the site James. Congrats on the fish. yes the Scioto has some very good Shovleheads.

4. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Blues can be caught father north than the mouth, I catch a few every year but they are few and far between. Just a little fyi......

5. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    that would be extremely rare...i have fished that river for 30 years and have caught thousands of cats, but have never caught a blue in the scioto...im thinkin you caught a lite colored channel.....but when you catch a blue you will know the difference....good luck

6. crazyyj94

crazyyj94 New Member

State:
    Ashville ohio
    Thank you for the welcome guys. I met a guy at the river one night that let me know about this site.(colsrob) Rob if you get ahold of me I will be going to the river maybe tomorrow or Friday and hey I found one heck of a hole.

7. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Welcome to the site James and congrats on the fish. If you wanna hit the river sometime give me a shout.

8. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    James, I sent you a PM. I would normally love to take you up on the offer, i'm heading to the Ohio this weekend. No offense, but I much prefer the Ohio. :big_smile:

Garrett, while James and I were fishing, we decided to look for a better location.... when we couldn't find one, and headed back to the original spot, James had a mis-step and fell into the water.:smile2: I smile because he wasn't injured. Aside from maybe his pride.:big_smile: