Pick a Man.....from "Gilligan's Island"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Catgirl, Jun 7, 2008.

Pick a Man.....from "Gilligan's Island"

1. the skipper (he's the SKIPPER, he's gotta be first)

2. Gilligan

3. the professor

4. Mr. Howell

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Ozzy (Mike) has this obsession with "Gilligan's Island" (hey, I like it TOO). But, turnabout is fair play (maybe, there aren't as many women to vote on here :smile2:). Guys, you can play as well.....just pick the feller you'd want most as a friend/fishin' buddy, and say why. Oh, and ladies......NM, y'all don't have to say why (but if you want to, please do - I don't mind longwinded people :wink:).

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The professor. He's smart. Always had a thing for geeks.:smile2:

Not really, just think he'd be the better choice of the 4.
    We'd have to eat and he knew what was poisonous and what wasn't. That's important.

He also could doctor ya when sick or injured. As accident prone as I am, that's important too.:big_smile:

I would have to pick Mr. Howell if we weren't on that island. All that money wouldn't do any good there!

3. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Gilligan, would be funny on a fishing trip!

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Skipper, I'd convince him he was driving the boat and running the trolling motor cause after all he is a skipper... then I could drink beer...:wink::smile2:

5. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Now this should be interesting. Cant wait to see the results.

Skipper: Fat over weight not to bright.

Gilligan: Idiot, skinny, 20 pound weakling

Professor: Geek

And the ladies are going to tell us what they prefer.......

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

LMAO......now Gary, you MUST know that all us catfishin' women would prefer Mr.Howell, and I see you left him out. WE WANT HIGH DOLLAR FISHIN' EQUIPMENT!!! :roll_eyes:

Dang it, I chose the geek. What is the matter with me? Hindsight's 20/20. :wink:

7. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Like I said, the money wont do us any good stranded on an island. (unless they have the internet:wink:)

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Sheila, don't be havin' too high of expectations sis. This was a sitcom in the late 60s/70s. Did they even KNOW what the internet was? Where's Al Gore?

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Had to go with the little guy. After all the program was called Gilligans Island wasn't it. not Skippers's or Professors Island. Correct?? Besides he fits me better, always screwing something up.:roll_eyes:

10. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    Can we form a search party and venture to the other side of the island to see what is there? Maybe the guy "Jack" from the show "LOST" will be there.:cool2: LOL Otherwise, can I opt for whats behind door #5?:big_smile:

11. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

As I've been realizing today, this ain't no perfect world. So NO, pick one of the four. :smile2:

Although door #5 sounds pretty darn good.

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    No I left Mr Howell out on purpose, I just want to see how many Gold Diggers there were out there, ha ha.....

13. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    Let's see, who would I pick? :eek:oooh: Mr Howell is too old and would probably have a heart attack, leaving me by myself with none of his money. The skipper got us in this mess. He's overwieght, probably has high blood pressure and would more than likely stroke out. Then I would have to take care of him :angry: The professor...too much book sense and no common sense..:tounge_out: It would have to be Gilligan. I think he would be a good lil buddy, make you laugh and would more than likely do what you tell him to do. Plus he is probably healthier than the rest. :wink:

Linda

14. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Id have to go fishing with Gilligan, after all the skipper got them stuck on that island. :big_smile: Great post Tanya.

15. Katatonik

Katatonik New Member

State:
    Ogden, Kansas,
    I picked Gilligan because the professor and I would be arguing over silly stuff
    most of the time. Being with Gilligan would never be boring or intimidating.
    Interesting hypothetical question, Tanya!

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Gilligan was the only one shore fishing and Mary Ann was always bringing him snacks. :wink: A little coconut shine and a picnic....:eek:oooh:

17. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah but if you remember in that episode Gilliagan caught a boat mine. Dont think I would want to fish with anyone with that luck..... who knows what he might drag up in some of these lakes.

18. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I said professor, I could probably get along with him that long, couldn't hack the skipper, gilligan would drive me nuts, and Howell would be useless

19. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree with John for the same reasons. I'm also accident prone like Gilligan. If nothing else we'd have fun tearing up stuff or trying to fish...:crazy::roll_eyes::wink::smile2:
    Great post Tanya!!!:wink::big_smile:

20. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS

Well, that just aint no fun:embarassed:, I was gettin ready to travel and see the rest of the island.

Ok, if I hafta pick one of the 4, heres my thoughts:

Howell?... NO.....is rich and useless and would expect me to wait hand and foot on him.... THAT AINT HAPPENING.

Skipper?...NO....is bad bout barking out orders and knockin Gilligan around with his hat and is always using him as some kind of lure....Too abusive and lazy.

Professor?... is a thought....he might could reason things out and come up with alot of interesting things but....are two geniuses compatible on the same island... one of us would hafta go and it aint gonna be me (unless we get rescued)...so, basically thats a NO.

Gilligan?... well thats the only one left....process of elimination...he is funny, upbeat, energetic, can definatley outrun the island natives, can shimmy up the coconut trees with ease, is too dumb to be skeered, and isn't an overwhelming presence...so.. .guess thats my choice

Gilligan it is.:big_smile:... besides, I like the sailors hat.